Assessment, Though if this is wrong shoot me!! (1 Viewer)

Enaz

HSC
I have an assessment to do, just wondering if anybody would want to give some help to a stranded person. The question (i hope) is as follows:

'Composers strive to be creative but they cannot help reflect the ways of thinking of their time.'

To What extent have you discovered this in your study?

We're doing it in relation to 'The shipping News' and was just wondering for a few other sources.

HSC
N/A
Oh I remember stuff like this.

I think an interesting way to look at it is to try and figure out why people like Proux write the Shipping News. I mean, was the book REALLY an exercise to see how well she could write a story that uses knots? (A: Of course not - Proux is apparently an avid Greenpeace person, and got hugely pissed off when she heard about overfishing and how it affected the locals. Enter 'The Shipping News', where people from the city look like scum)

Heaney is another great one if you think about how selfish and apathetic a lot of people are these days in relation to their heritage. Sure we all still love mum and dad, but how many people do you know feel really strongly about what their forefathers and foremothers did for a living, let alone know what their names were? Most won't. Most won't care, and assume that not knowing/not caring is simply the way of the modern world. 'Digging' is a good one for this.

Dave2007

HSC
Ways of thinking = dominant paradigms.

Show how they are reflected in TSN.

Then show how they are manipulated to reflect the author's personal opinions on RFTG.

If you want I could write a specific example/para?

rosietaranto

HSC
i have that assessment too
quite the coincidence, but yes, i wanted some help too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)