Assessments (1 Viewer)

tegs

Hello all.
Overall I'm pretty happy with my school, but we have a few teachers who have been there forever, and are really bad, but have no fear of being fired as they are so well ingrained in the school.
One in particular is our english teacher. He's a mysoginist, a pathetic techer, and spends half of each lesson talking about rugby or cricket.
He hasn't told us anything about Speeches, (module) especially. And our AOS (Skryznecki).
He has also left an assessment until after the trials to do, and we didn't end up doing 2 others until 1-2 terms after the date in our assessment guidelines.
I used to get pretty decent marks in English, now they've slumped. I'm about one of 5 people in our class who are passing.

Is there anything I should do? Is there anything I can do?
I'm sick of his attitude, and none of the other teachers will listen to us when we ask for help with him.
Thanks.

toisthbe

Evil Member
well last year, year 11, i had a teacher that was so bad, my class started a petition to get rid of him,

hes gone now.haha

Last edited:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I reccomend that you talk to your principal, but before you do plan what you are going to say. You want to make it a mature discussion with your principal, to show to them that you are serious.

If that doesn't work get your parents involved.

Carla2003

HSC
I had a teacher in yr11 that turned up 12-14 minutes into EVERY single lesson (we can leave after 15) and then he would leave atleast two more times to get his glasses, pen, roll book, whatever. We kept a log book of when he was actually in class and showed it to the deputy and head teacher, but they are all friends and so took no action. Eventually though our two classes combined and my classes marks sky rocketed. :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
petition always works, especially when parents call up the school. I don't know what is your reputation within the school but if you are a good student, it is likely that the teacher will listen to you.

Last year, I wasn't too happy with my maths teacher (most of the class wasn't anyway). And I let the Deputy Principal know (who is also my physics teacher) and she helped me to change classes. As the entire class, except one other person, did nothing, nothing was changed to them. This other girl and me moved happily to another class :)

The most important thing is, be respectful in your letter of complaint. Address the problem but don't flame the teacher (otherwise they can sue you later if they lose their job). Also, it is always good that the school knows your parents are supporting you on this. Most importantly, address the letter to both the Head teacher of the subject as well as the Principal. Although mine is an individual case, i know that some English class did a petition, and the teacher became so much better!

hope that helps and good luck!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
A petition is CERTAINLY NOT the right way to go about it.

You've got 3 weeks left of school. Its time to take initiative and address the problem yourself rather that sitting and whinging about the teacher. If your teacher cannot help, go and find another to help--at this stage ANY teacher will be more than willing to help you out if you ask them for help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)