Assessments (1 Viewer)

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Has anyone had any assessments yet?
I suppose I'm just wondering what sorts of things people do at other schools. :)

We had our first one on Tuesday, it was fieldwork and then an essay on that work in class once we got back. Really stressful, but I managed to get a band 6, so I'm really happy. It was on Urban Dynamics, and worth 15% [huge!].
Our next one is on People & Economic Activity, we're going to Jamberoo with the Business Studies classes and we do a sheet there. Should be a fun day. And then of course we have the half-yearly. I suppose it's good to get most of them out of the way early on.
Later on in the year we do some sort of report on one of the ecosystems for Ecosystems At Risk I think.

stef since 1986

yep had an assessment the other day on mega cities, their challenges and responses. i did really well. i hope mega cities will b in the hsc this yr (as opposed to world cities or urban dynamics)... howd evryone else think of the mega cities topic or havnt u dun it yet? if so, which topic r u doing first?

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
15% is a lot for one unprepared essay was what I meant. After looking at the assessment grid it isn't so much after all. ;)

Mega cities is okay. I much prefer it to urban dynamics at any rate. I did like world cities better though. We did this topic first because it's meant to be the most boring, I really hope so because I don't know how much more I can handle! It's taken us 7 lessons to read through a 3 page case study on Sydney. :rolleyes:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by stef since 1986
yep had an assessment the other day on mega cities, their challenges and responses. i did really well. i hope mega cities will b in the hsc this yr (as opposed to world cities or urban dynamics)... howd evryone else think of the mega cities topic or havnt u dun it yet? if so, which topic r u doing first?
Yeah Mega-cities is pretty interesting, However I doubt it will be asked in the extended response part of the paper because they asked it in last years paper (Which I sat). The big tip from me is that this years Urban Places question in the Extended Response will be something on Urban Dynamics. Whilst saying that, I urge you all to prepare for every possible essay question, and not try to guess what they'll put in this years exam. The examiners always seem to put a question in that surprises everyone.

Originally posted by Tenille
15% big??? or were you being sarcastic?
15% might not sound like alot, but when your final rankings come out and you discover you've been beaten into 1st place by only 1 mark, 15% will seem huge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)