assignment:comm & info environments (1 Viewer)

somechick

HSC
N/A
Hello. is anyone else having trouble with the 'electronic information evaluation' assignment?
I dont know how to write it :S
Are we just explaining what each criteria is? Like what is "authority" etc
Did any 2nd year humanities kids do this last year and have an example they could show me please?
(dont worry i dont plagiarise. Apparently they have software detection for that stuff at uts. lol)

roseangel

Take the Money and Run
HSC
Guh, yes. It's very confusing. I went to UTS Online hoping they'd help, but no such luck. Only made it worse, sigh. I think what we're supposed to do is pick four websites and analyse them in terms of all that digital literacy stuff we were supposed to have been listening to in week 2 (her voice put me to sleep, how about you?). But then you have to use those filtering thingies... however they work...

Je ne sais pas. Maybe you should try visiting the assignments section of the CIE bit of UTS Online. Subject Coordinator lady has answered a few FAQs and they might be helpful for you. Even if she's not able to answer anything using words of less than 12 syllables.

somechick

HSC
N/A
darrrr! *frustrated*
man i did all of that AND went to that workshop a week ago. Darn it. I think i have writers block. ITS SUCH A STPID REPORT THING ANYWAY! arrrrrr

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
This is mine from last year, the tutor really liked it so it must be the kind of thing they are looking for. Your assignment question might be slightly different, I dunno.

Wow it's freaky looking at my work from first semester last year lol.

HSC
Does anyone find the whole subject a bit too wordy?

Not in terms of how many words are required in each assessment, just that they write everything superfluously?
e.g. Task: ... support your judgement by referring to appropriate literature on evaluation of quality of electronic information sources...
Shouldn't 'appropriate literature' be enough? Or 'referring to evaluations of quality ...'??

aliciat

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Does anyone find the whole subject a bit too wordy?

Not in terms of how many words are required in each assessment, just that they write everything superfluously?
e.g. Task: ... support your judgement by referring to appropriate literature on evaluation of quality of electronic information sources...
Shouldn't 'appropriate literature' be enough? Or 'referring to evaluations of quality ...'??
lol YES! It's like a whole paragraph of writing for one point. I've had to re-read it a lot. I don't like this report! I'm not a very report person.

Yep, totally procrastinating.

aliciat

HSC
While on the subject of the report, has anyone else had difficulty locating suitable authorative websites to use as examples?

I don't know how to work the filter service/subject gateway. I keep re-reading the outline and I have this horrible feeling that I'm using the wrong sites and that I am doing this assessment wrong.

HSC
I was under the impression that the filtering thing would give you authoritative websites.
Do you think we should hand it in during Tuesday's tute to give a 'good impression'?
Or just screw that and hand it in after Wednesday's classes?

somechick

HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
I was under the impression that the filtering thing would give you authoritative websites.
Do you think we should hand it in during Tuesday's tute to give a 'good impression'?
lol i was thinking bout that too. I dunno i couldn't care less what the tutors think so far. meh, im gonna hand it in on wednesday.

aliciat

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Yeah it does but it's very broad and she said it's better to use organisational sites but *shrugs* I'll just do what I'm doing now and hope for the best :p

I was aiming to hand it in on Tuesday but it'll probably be on Wednesday :)

HSC
i was aiming to hand it in tuesday, because i'm not going in on wednesday. but then i realised i am a poohead, and left it too late. so i'll be making the 3 hour round trip into the city to deliver the damn thing, which will take all of 5 minutes to do.

...and then i realised i can't be bothered. so i'm doing it all tonight, to hand in after the tutorial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)