Assignment: Health Promotion Initiatives HELP (1 Viewer)

kittyful

HSC
Okay so i have an asssignment on the CVD - I have to find the Health Promotion intiatives and strategies and relate it to the Ottawa Charter.

SO i have gone ahead and done the intiative "A healthy and ACtive Australia"

But i am so confused with the strategies ....

Are these the strategies

• New South Wales Health Department’s Improving your Health – Nutrition Website – includes links to information regarding childhood obesity; easy lunch and snack ideas for children and youth; and nutrition and health, and health fact sheets.
  • Fresh tastes NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy – heralds a move beyond nutrition guidelines for schools to a government endorsed approach that helps schools determine and provide healthier food choices. A number of resources have been developed to support schools to meet the requirements of the strategy including the Canteen Menu Planning Guide and The Fresh Tastes Tool Kit. The Fresh Tastes newsletters are produced and disseminated periodically to keep all stakeholders informed of the Strategy. These resources are available on the NSW Health and New South Wales Department of Education and Training website.
  • NSW School Canteen Association (NSWSCA) – The NSWSCA is a key partner in the Fresh Tastes Strategy and provides a range of services for school canteens in NSW. These include a website, fact sheets, a member’s magazine, telephone advice and support and a Canteen Buyers Guide.
  • Nutrition Ready-to-Go at Out of School Hours (OOSH) Care – a project aimed to improve nutrition, physical activity and food safety for children attending OOSH services in south eastern Sydney, providing access to healthy food choices in an environment that promotes healthy eating. Also includes State wide accredited nutrition and food safety training for OOSH staff and for OOSH services.
  • New South Wales Childhood Obesity Summit – developed practical solutions to address overweight and obesity in our children and young people. General information in relation to childhood obesity, including statistics, fact sheets and key documents from the 2002 NSW Childhood Obesity Summit are available on the NSW Health obesity webpage.

OR are these the strategies

• Get set 4 Life - Habits for Healthy Kids
  • The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden National Program
  • Healthy Spaces and Places
  • Community and Schools Grants Program
  • Learning from Successful Community Obesity Initiative
  • Healthy Weight information and resources
  • How do you measure up?
My teacher said to do the second set of dot points... but are they stratgies... im so confused with the difference between the initiative and strategies...
Any help would be great ;)

phoebekay

HSC
The second set of dot points are the actual promotion programs, if you research them you can find out how the relate to the Ottawa charter and the role the Ottawa charter had in developing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)