Assignment: Pompey (1 Viewer)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Ok, so any past students done an assignment on Pompey before? Care to post it in. Need a little help, I have an essay dueon him next week. I don't know a thing about this Pompey dude...

X

xeuyrawp

nicko88 said:
Ok, so any past students done an assignment on Pompey before? Care to post it in. Need a little help, I have an essay dueon him next week. I don't know a thing about this Pompey dude...
Hey Nick,
We're always happy to help here at bos, but you can't just ask for us to give you our assignments. We'll share notes, etc, but the best way to ask for help is:

"I've got an assignment on Pompey, the question is ________". If you post up your question, we'll be able to give you much more of a hand in terms of content and how to structure the essay.

So give us a yell back with your question :)

Also, be aware that there are Rome/Egypt/Greece etc Subforums, but don't worry, this thread will be moved to Rome.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Oh sorry. How rude of me...what I meant to say was, what ancient sources should I use Plutarch or Appian? Also, any good modern historians to refer to?

X

xeuyrawp

nicko88 said:
Oh sorry. How rude of me...what I meant to say was, what ancient sources should I use Plutarch or Appian? Also, any good modern historians to refer to?
Heya, it would be good if you put up the question. Ideally, you should "look at" as many ancient sources as you can. I know it's a bitch, so probably just mentioning them to impress is a good idea if it's relevant.

There are many modern historians that you could look at, I'll have to leave that up to someone else because I never studied Pompey, so I couldn't suggest any specific books/people.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Heya, it would be good if you put up the question. Ideally, you should "look at" as many ancient sources as you can. I know it's a bitch, so probably just mentioning them to impress is a good idea if it's relevant.

There are many modern historians that you could look at, I'll have to leave that up to someone else because I never studied Pompey, so I couldn't suggest any specific books/people.
Ok here's the first question: "In the Senate Crassus was the more influential of the two, but Pompey had great power with the people" (Plutarch, Pompey chpt 22). Is this a reliable representation of the situation in Pompey's first consulship?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)