Assignments driving you insane (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Week 2 has just finished and my assessments have already driven me insane!

I found out that my sustainable tourism and recreation planning is equivalent to the third year research projects that I have to do, and its a very very very very difficult subject to pass.
And my landuse and the environment subject has an assignment where I have to calculate consumption and waste. Like how much food we eat, how much fossil fuels we produce, etc etc etc

I swear, this semester already is driving me insane! I need a holiday already. Does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just having one huge stress attack?

klh

HSC
in reply to the topic, yes...i have many more readings than i can possibly finish, a reflective journal, etc. and some of the articles are wtf? its academia...
i was doing sustainability for contemporary management issues with some of that info about our ecological footprints, too bad its was like in 1999, which meanas its not a recent doc...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hello Klh! What do you know about ecological footprints? Cause thats my landuse and the environment assignment! And why cant they just use simple terms like "a's and the's" in outlines for assignments. Fudge! I'm already insane. Maybe I should switch to part time. Nah, It should be alright, once I figure out what the hell I have to do!!

klh

HSC
Hi Cape! wow it seems your excited someone knows about ecological footprints...not much except US and AUS are the ones who use up alot of resources and that we are depriving developing and survival economies of living space etc. im sure you know all aobut that. we just got a general idea so that we have a reson why sustainability is a great issue now anyways.

a's and s's??? what are you talking about?
yeah i was thinking along hte same lines PT or at least 3 subjects...but nah, i wnat to get this over and done with.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
You worry about your assignments this early in semester?!? I think I opened one of my textbooks for the first time yesterday :) .

Angel45

HSC
Cape said:

I found out that my sustainable tourism and recreation planning is equivalent to the third year research projects that I have to do, and its a very very very very difficult subject to pass.
And my landuse and the environment subject has an assignment where I have to calculate consumption and waste. Like how much food we eat, how much fossil fuels we produce, etc etc etc

I swear, this semester already is driving me insane! I need a holiday already. Does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just having one huge stress attack?
It's okay, I'm the same..this semester is thus far more stressful then last... so much more in depth assignments... eeek! last semester i had some subjects which didn't require as much as the others..so i could neglect 'em a bit but they're all equally tough this time.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
matt#1 said:
You worry about your assignments this early in semester?!? I think I opened one of my textbooks for the first time yesterday :) .
Matty, I'm not a bludger like you are. Plus I have an assessment every week starting for next week, thats why I had to start early.

Klh - ecological footprints are hard! I was surprised you knew what they were. I actually have to calculate the ecological footprint for everyone living in my house!

So far my level 200 subjects are so much harder than my level 300 subject. Sorta strange. But I love wildlife tourism! Its so much fun.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Matty, I'm not a bludger like you are. Plus I have an assessment every week starting for next week, thats why I had to start early.
I'm not a bludger. In actual fact I work quite hard...just not this early in semester :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Why don't you start early on your assessments, it leaves more time for bludging :p

L

LaraB

i don't have any due til wk 5, but after that it's ilke.. nearly every week ... all worth a fair bit which sucks...

the one wk 5 is a 35% one.. just that and the exam and we've never had an assessment like it before so you could either fail miserably or do real well and you've got no way of being able to tell if you will...

mostly annoyed about Recruitment and Selection - our lecturer is an ex tourism/hospitality lecturer.. so the assignment isn't really HRM it's more or less and hospitality/tourism assignment which is stupid coz its got nothing to do with the aim of our course n its worth 60% or something....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
mostly annoyed about Recruitment and Selection - our lecturer is an ex tourism/hospitality lecturer.. so the assignment isn't really HRM it's more or less and hospitality/tourism assignment which is stupid coz its got nothing to do with the aim of our course n its worth 60% or something....
Well, if you have any questions about it, post it up, nat has done some hospitality subjects and I study tourism. So I'm sure that we can help you out somehow if you need it.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Well, if you have any questions about it, post it up, nat has done some hospitality subjects and I study tourism. So I'm sure that we can help you out somehow if you need it.
yay :) thanx:)

its like..more or less do a 5 yr ish plan for the opening of a hotel

the assignment structures really good.. woulda been an easy assignment (relatively) if it had been a real business assignment:p they give you the headings and areas of the report and the questions to answer.. so comprehension like

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh! So its sorta like a business plan thingo for a hotel. How fun!!It sounds sorta similar to a planning assignment I have to do. I have to create an attraction at Sydney Olympic Park, and sustain it and the park, etc etc etc.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Oh! So its sorta like a business plan thingo for a hotel. How fun!!It sounds sorta similar to a planning assignment I have to do. I have to create an attraction at Sydney Olympic Park, and sustain it and the park, etc etc etc.
its a proposed hotel to be put in Campbelltown Campus lol - coz that's gonna happen:p

but our tutor actually said to us it's based on an experience the coordinator had whilst working in hospitality and whilst lecturing in it so we're like woot :rolleyes:

spose we can use it in future to say we h ave 'experience' in that area for work n stuff :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
That sounds very similar to an assignment my friend did last semester for a subject called tourism markeing services.

I love doing business plans (that sounds sad, lol), everytime I have an assignment that I can possibly put a business plan in, I do it :p lol. The lecturers always seem impress that an applied science student shoves a business plan in :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
yay :) thanx:)

its like..more or less do a 5 yr ish plan for the opening of a hotel

the assignment structures really good.. woulda been an easy assignment (relatively) if it had been a real business assignment:p they give you the headings and areas of the report and the questions to answer.. so comprehension like
hey...i have that assignment too. I'll bombard you with questions about it Cape :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
matt#1 said:
hey...i have that assignment too. I'll bombard you with questions about it Cape :)
Thats okies Matty. You can help me with all my other assessments :)

klh

HSC
i hate group assignments!!!!
anyway, how're peoples tutors? treating you right? i got some nice ones this semester, they actually have a sense of humor and laff at our jokes!

assignments...there is sooo much reading for them, i dunno how one can sustain such energy to pull through and equally pissed off that another person will not pull their weight and yet still get a credit!!! ARGGH!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Our tourism trends assignment is supposed to be a group assignment, but I asked if it can be done individually, and the lecturer said yes!!! YAY!!!

Damn, I've only read 42 pages today for my planning assignment, still got another 7 books to quickly go through, and finding a few more websites til I can start writing the assignment out :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)