Assistance needed (1 Viewer)

isaiahmercado

HSC
hey guys,

im doin extension 2 and im doin like a MW on angels i was wonderin....does ne1 kno any good movies about angels and that sorta stuff.
input will be much appreciated.
thanks heaps

lucidassembly

HSC
You might have to be a little more specific in terms of what you're looking for, but:
  • Supernatural (Season 4): a different, darker interpretation of angels as 'warriors' of God
  • City of Angels: contrast between the lives of angels and humans
Also, this website might be useful.

Hope that helps :)

beve

Jesus
HSC
You might want to research the mythology of the angel across religion also; read the Qu'ran and the Bible; as well as some other sources. Look at some darker interpretations of the Angel as well - the kind of thing that lucidassembly mentioned.

Here's something to kickstart you though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelic_hierarchy

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Perhaps for the benefit of yourself and those willing to help -- You might want to try narrow you're particular aspect of Angels that you wish to compose about. Because, let's face it pal, Angels by itself is WAY too broad. As someone suggested, if you're into the contrasts of humans & Angels and the paradoxical fine wall between the two denominations, you could then research into City of Angels and focus on information that provides comparisons of humans and angels etc. OR if you wanted to focus within the Angel community, you could research the flaws or the darker nature of angels -- Just read the bible, they've done some pretty bad shit, like in the Book of Exodus and when they kill a bunch of first born kids.
So simply put, perhaps instead of diving head first into the deep end, you should try contemplating a suitable and preferable angle or aspect of Angel-ality (neologism-i-made-on-the-spot).

Last edited:

isaiahmercado

HSC
hey thanx for all the input really appreciate it. as for the specifics i need alot of info concerning the world of angels like how they operate and what they can and cant do.
i definitely will use the suggestions posted here, and thanks heaps.
im still researching and ne help will be useful.

morning storm

HSC
most angels have wings and fly. i remember hearing about one that killed a big dragon.

watch Criss Angel Mindfreak for some useful information

snowconesyum

HSC
lololskates said:
OR if you wanted to focus within the Angel community, you could research the flaws or the darker nature of angels -- Just read the bible, they've done some pretty bad shit, like in the Book of Exodus and when they kill a bunch of first born kids.
seconded.

EDIT: yeah, the bible's depiction of angels has them as much more heavily based on justice, hand in hand with mercy, as opposed to the fairytale-western-view which is all mercy, compassion, fluffy clouds and harps blahblah -
an interesting thing to note is that basically every time an angel appears in the bible, they have to say to the person ' DO NOT BE AFRAID', and multiple times! - obviously they are powerful, awe-inspiring, intimidating figures, rather than just harmless guardian angels with philadelphia.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)