Assumed Knowledge for Nursing.? (1 Viewer)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Howdy,
I've recently been looking at Nursing ( + BA in International Studies) @ UTS, and just a question from a prospective student, would studying General Maths for my HSC be sufficient for the course?
Also, I don't do any sciences, however, I do PDHPE.
I just wanted to peek into what I could expect and the difficulty and such...

Thanks xo

HSC
Yeps that shall be fine. It would be an advantage doing some science but what is learnt at uni isnt very hard and its just basic cnocepts, so its easy enough to learn then :)

HSC
Maths will come into play more in 2nd semester of first yr and 2nd yr when u start injections etc. But general maths should be fine :)

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
I read from previous posts that there are some exams that are non-calculator. Difficult?

Thanks for ze feedback

Last edited:

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
Oh, I also had this wacky idea that in the space between when the HSC finishes and Uni starts, I could teach myself some of the basics of biology?

HSC
Yes all maths tests (except for calculations done in childrens nursing 2nd yr) are done without a calculator. Its just basic maths, like conversions from grams to milligrams, and working out how much med to give a pt etc.

kstanley

HSC
N/A
When I did my HSC I did general maths (cept it was called something else when I did HSC ;) )... and I havent had any probs with the maths so far. Its such basic stuff. We did a maths test recently and it had questions like
"Mrs X has been ordered 10mg of this drug. The tablets contain 5mg each. How many tablets does she need to have the right dose". Basic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)