Assumed knowledge & recommended studies (1 Viewer)

N1C0L3

HSC
Hey
just wondering, do the universities see what subjects we undertook for the hsc? or do they only see our uai?
I meet the prerequisites for my course by doing English in yr 11 and 12 and including my UAI but not the assumed knowledge and didnt do any of the recommended studies.
Does this disadvantage me? or not affect my chances of being chosen for the course?
ta :)

N1C0L3

HSC
oh fuck
fuckfuckfuck
sorry
um does that mean...that if they see my uai and prerequisites..and think yep, high enough to gain entry...then look at my subjects..and i dont have any maths...and i have only senior science, not one of the other sciences they will still let me into the course?
i read where the assumed knowledge and recommended studies will not effect ur chances of being chosen. or do they just say that? like i thought it was an 'enter at ur own risk' kind of thing if u dont.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh any advice/comments appreciated

loser101

HSC
no it wont disadvantage you, as long as you have the pre-requisite you will be chosen based upon UAI alone.

in fact even if you dont even have the pre-requisite, you will still be able to apply through UAC, and get a place.

As the UAC system dont look at individual subjects and cross checks them against univeristies requirements. That would be impossible.

If you dont have the Pre-requisite, you will still be offered a place (provided UAI is above cutoff), but you will NOT be able to commence the course though. You will need to defer a year do the pre-req's or complete a bridging course PRIOR to entry.

Assumed means its good to have, but it wont hinder you in terms of actually enrolling for the course. Though it may hinder you in actually being ABLE to pass the course. If you know what i mean

Last edited:

N1C0L3

HSC
haha phewww
um course is Bachelor of Science (Ecology and conservation biology) at Griffith University, Goldcoast,QLD
Course cutoff: 65.00
Couse prerequisites: English 50% or higher
Recommended studies: At least 1 biological science, chemistry or physics
Assumed knowledge: Maths

HSC Subjects i did: English Standard, senior science, ancient history, hospitality, visual arts.
My UAI: 76.65

thanks every1

Last edited:

N1C0L3

HSC
thanks so much for that reassurance. i am bad at maths but in small amounts i can learn and pass certain topics lol i reckon i could do it 4sure.
thanks again everyone. :)

Evilo

HSC
loser101 said:

If you dont have the Pre-requisite, you will still be offered a place (provided UAI is above cutoff), but you will NOT be able to commence the course though. You will need to defer a year do the pre-req's or complete a bridging course PRIOR to entry.
+1, emphasis added

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)