atar below cutoff (UTS) (1 Viewer)

waterlml

HSC
Hi i'm interested in doing B Business B Creative Intelligence and Innovation at UTS, the atar required for international student is 85.95 however with bonus points i only got an atar of 84.95 which is 1 mark below the cutoff, do i have any likelihood of getting into this course :( ??

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi i'm interested in doing B Business B Creative Intelligence and Innovation at UTS, the atar required for international student is 85.95 however with bonus points i only got an atar of 84.95 which is 1 mark below the cutoff, do i have any likelihood of getting into this course :( ??
Lol, I am also going through the same thing !!

dragerx

HSC
Getting into Uni is just like going to a job interview, you will never know if you have gotten in until you get the offer. In saying that, the likelihood of you getting into the course is dependant on the supply of available positions and demand for the course. I would say that if you really want to do this course then definitely put it first and hope that they accept you. If the bonus points you received were from relevant HSC courses then there is a fair chance that you will be able to make the course. I know a lot of people who have not made the ATAR cut-offs for certain courses but have been offered positions over the last few years, so keep calm and know whatever happens it's okay.

waterlml

HSC
Getting into Uni is just like going to a job interview, you will never know if you have gotten in until you get the offer. In saying that, the likelihood of you getting into the course is dependant on the supply of available positions and demand for the course. I would say that if you really want to do this course then definitely put it first and hope that they accept you. If the bonus points you received were from relevant HSC courses then there is a fair chance that you will be able to make the course. I know a lot of people who have not made the ATAR cut-offs for certain courses but have been offered positions over the last few years, so keep calm and know whatever happens it's okay.
would just go for b business if i don't get the offer for this haha

simplyinsanity

HSC
Cut offs change every year! So you definitely still have a chance to make the course.

chw

HSC
N/A
Don't forget that you can also appeal directly to the university admissions if you are fractionally under the ATAR - *most* courses have some discretion if you can provide some evidence of aptitude. Best thing is to look for the course coordinator or appropriate director or Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning (use the UTS staff directory)

For BCII I would put together a portfolio that shows that you did creative or innovative things (eg started a club, on school formal committee, etc) and that you will be able to cope.

chrisw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)