ATAR Calculator (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Can't I just put my hsc marks in the atar calculator to get expected atar? Why do ranks and school rank have anything to do with it if the marks put in the calculator generates the atar

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
They both work the same way, your rank in each subject indicates how well you're doing, and your school rank indicates how strong your cohort is. Why don't you put your marks in an atar calculator and your subject/school ranks here and compare them?

HSC
N/A
Hey man so basically I did that and I got a 93 (tested multiple sites) but here when I put my ranking and my extremely low school ranking down they estimated it at an 85

bakstar

HSC
Are you putting in the marks your currently getting in school? This is why the ATAR calcs are inconsistent with the estimates. A 90 at one school may not be the same as a 90 at another due to different difficulty levels within exams (ie getting 90 in Maths X2 at a rank 300s school is very much different to getting a 90 at for example James Ruse). That's why the estimates on this site generally ask for rank and school rank since it allows them to see how you're doing as well as what the cohort you are in usually is like. Using those people can then generally estimate approximately how you will go in your HSC if you are consistent with what you rank/school has done in the past.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
The school rank and amount of people in your cohort indicate how accurate the mark will be. Its like saying how someone 1st in JR in chem and someone 1st in some rank 400 school in chem is most likely not equal. There is a small chance that the guy in the rank 400 school gets 99 in externals and stateranks but you have to also consider how unlikely this is. So basically the smaller the cohort, the larger the range of marks you will receive. ATAR calculators are not reliable as of this stage due to how heavy yearlies weigh and how heavy externals weigh too, people tilt towards the end, and alot of people do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)