ATAR Calculator (1 Viewer)

Noemail

HSC
I know it's a shit ATAR, but why is variation huge amounts?

Talent 100 - 43.05
Matrix - 46.2
HSC Ninja - 43.20 (+/- 4.45)
Dux College - 32.05
Atar Notes - <50
AtarCalculator.com - <30

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Either there isn't much data provided from UAC about the lower range of marks, or the different calculators haven't really been optimised for marks in that range. I haven't seen the UAC data/tables for a few years, but it's likely a combination of both of those.

The calculators are also probably using different years data, and the differences across years might be more pronounced for lower marks or lower scaling subjects.

Noemail

HSC
Either there isn't much data provided from UAC about the lower range of marks, or the different calculators haven't really been optimised for marks in that range. I haven't seen the UAC data/tables for a few years, but it's likely a combination of both of those.

The calculators are also probably using different years data, and the differences across years might be more pronounced for lower marks or lower scaling subjects.
How accurate do u think they are. I hope not?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
They are reasonably accurate if you are working with HSC marks generally.

But if you are working with raw internal marks etc., then it won't be very accurate as HSC marks are aligned.

大きい男

HSC
You're likely using your internal assessment marks to determine ATAR which could be to your detriment. Your raw internal marks are probably lower than what your final HSC marks will be. Keep in mind that the marks you entered have not been moderated (based on your school's performance), and they don't consider your HSC marks as you haven't completed the exams yet. The HSC marks then have to be aligned (results in an increase), so you shouldn't worry too much at this stage if the calculators aren't telling you what you want to hear.

大きい男

HSC
Given that 68.00 is the selection rank not ATAR, so called ‘adjustment factors’ (often referred to as ‘bonus points’) can help you get into the course without necessarily getting a 68 ATAR (you’ll have to find out what you’re eligible for but they’re usually things like getting a certain band in a particular subject or living close to the uni).

That said, it still isn’t too late to turn it around and improve upon what you have already done. Depending on you and your school’s performance in the HSC you might be surprised at how much your marks can improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)