ATAR calculators - how good and how to use well (1 Viewer)

Which ATAR calculator do you use ?

• Matrix Education - [url]http://www.matrixeducation.com.au/umax/umax.html[/url]

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • The SAM right here (including the Advanced SAM)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Einstein Calculator - [url]http://www.atarcalculator.com.au/[/url]

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Vision Education - [url]http://www.visioneducation.com.au/ATARCalculator.aspx[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others - please mention in reply?

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • i think they are not worth look.

• ATAR ... what's an ATAR ?? ( i don't really care !)

• Total voters

loverice

HSC
Hi everyone,

Just trying to get a general consensus of what everyone here thinks about the atar calculators currently out there ?

I stumbled upon these calculators (didn't even know such things existed!) as i was trying to see what kind of marks i would need in my HSC subjects to get 99+, for my upcoming Year 11 subject selection.

I know that my actual school's rank and my rank within the school are 2 other big factors which these calcs don't consider. But other than that (for arguments sake) - what is the general consensus of how good they are ?

ATAR Calculator - seems like this one is popular around here

The SAM right here - looks like 2nd favourite and well supported by this forum. In what way is the advanced SAM different / advanced ?

Atar calculator - looks plain but does the job

Vision Education | ATAR Calculator - looks okay but seems less well known

Others - have i missed any ?

muzeikchun852

HSC
matrix's one is the best, it gives u all the detail between the convertion between HSC marks, scaled marks, pencentile..

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

Just trying to get a general consensus of what everyone here thinks about the atar calculators currently out there ?

I stumbled upon these calculators (didn't even know such things existed!) as i was trying to see what kind of marks i would need in my HSC subjects to get 99+, for my upcoming Year 11 subject selection.

I know that my actual school's rank and my rank within the school are 2 other big factors which these calcs don't consider. But other than that (for arguments sake) - what is the general consensus of how good they are ?

The SAM right here - looks like 2nd favourite and well supported by this forum. In what way is the advanced SAM different / advanced ?

A long way to go, buddy.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The ATAR calcultors are pretty accurate. They do give you a pretty good idea of what ATAR you'll get, but only if you have an accurate idea of what sort of marks you'll be getting for the HSC. The thing is though, most people don't have an accurate idea of what they will be getting for the HSC based on their school marks/ranks + rank of school.

So in conclusion, the ATAR calculators all quite accurate but people don't know how to use them properly.

The main differences between SAM advanced and standard are that the advanced version lets you see what you ATAR would be in different years and it gives more info like scaled mark etc etc.

Last edited:

Zenbon_sakura

HSC
Hi everyone,

Just use all three of them, add it all up and work out the average! TADA! the 4th ATAR calculator ROFL :rofl:

Mr_Illiterate

HSC
N/A
The Matrix one is good as you can edit your HSC marks, percentile and scaled marks on the go without re-calculating everything.

Einstein and vision education calculators are very similar except the one on vision education has better presentation and the pie graph looks quite good.

Overall, they do pretty much the same things, it comes down on which one you prefer to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)