atar calculators (1 Viewer)

beetree1

HSC
Hi!
A question for the graduated peeps out hereee
How accurate are the ATAR Calculators like the ones on hscninja and talent 100?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
As accurate as @DrDawn on Call of Duty

Counter-Terrorists Win. But the "Invisible Bullet" wins. The Bats have heard your prayers!

HSC Ninja according to ex-students seems to be pretty accurate.

But we all know you will get 99!

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Hi!
A question for the graduated peeps out hereee
pretty accurate, can't say anything for this year though because the unprecedented times will probably change the scaling pattern

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it was pretty accurate for me and most of my friends. However, you can't really compare school marks vs when you actually get your final HSC mark. If you're just putting in random numbers at the moment of marks you think you will get then it depends on if you actually get those marks in the end. However, if you put the final HSC marks in then yeah it's pretty accurate. My estimate after HSC marks was about 0.1 higher than what I got and most of my friends it was somewhere near 0.5-1 close to it.

You can sort of estimate what HSC mark you will get if your school gives you the data on how previous cohorts have done and what a person in your rank in a previous cohort got. However, it's dependent on if the performance of your cohort is similar, but if your school has quite a steady rank in HSC then you can use that to estimate to get some idea of an approximate range

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Okay, Analogy time.

So you let the counter-terrorists win cause you can't shoot properly, why couldn't we succeed for once?

What's a virus, an Invisible bullet, it can kill just as quickly and in some cases even more painfully than some metal shot.

As for the bats hearing your prayers, they will probably boost @beetree1 ATAR due to these circumstances, they caused the virus.
In saying that, Bats as a species have the worst eyesight, but the BEST hearing, so thanks to our prayers, you could get a boost.

HSC STUDENTS - I want to do {insert great degree} and obtain {insert great atar}
Bats - Say no more, we will perform voodoo, there will be some side effects but deal with it.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Okay, Analogy time.

So you let the counter-terrorists win cause you can't shoot properly, why couldn't we succeed for once?

What's a virus, an Invisible bullet, it can kill just as quickly and in some cases even more painfully than some metal shot.

As for the bats hearing your prayers, they will probably boost @beetree1 ATAR due to these circumstances, they caused the virus.
In saying that, Bats as a species have the worst eyesight, but the BEST hearing, so thanks to our prayers, you could get a boost.
bro so much thought...

beetree1

HSC
Yeah it was pretty accurate for me and most of my friends. However, you can't really compare school marks vs when you actually get your final HSC mark. If you're just putting in random numbers at the moment of marks you think you will get then it depends on if you actually get those marks in the end. However, if you put the final HSC marks in then yeah it's pretty accurate. My estimate after HSC marks was about 0.1 higher than what I got and most of my friends it was somewhere near 0.5-1 close to it.

You can sort of estimate what HSC mark you will get if your school gives you the data on how previous cohorts have done and what a person in your rank in a previous cohort got. However, it's dependent on if the performance of your cohort is similar, but if your school has quite a steady rank in HSC then you can use that to estimate to get some idea of an approximate range
thank youuuuu but can i ask what internal and external marks u got for your subjects because 99.7 is bloody amazing and i want to be u

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
thank youuuuu but can i ask what internal and external marks u got for your subjects because 99.7 is bloody amazing and i want to be u
I don't remember them all exactly because it's been a few years. But I did maths advanced, maths extension 1, physics, chem, business studies and English advanced. I got band 6 in everything with maths adv, maths ext 1 and English advanced with high band 6s like 97+. My chem, business and physics were around 93-95.

As weird as it sounds I actually underperformed in the HSC externals (not in terms of like not getting the 1st mark externally because I did in most of my subjects, but some of them like maths advanced, business studies and chem should've been higher by a few). But I kind of chocked in some subjects, which is the problem of going to a school where you are first by miles so if you screw up relative to that externally you have no one to save you because your "screw up" might be the highest mark anyways and then that becomes your internal no matter what you did in the rest of the year.

My trial marks were somewhere around (not sure exactly but roughly around this): 99/100 for maths advanced, 99/100 for chemistry, 93/100 for physics, 67/70 for maths ext 1, 97/100 for business studies and I think around 96/105 for English adv.

Based on my internals I was probably heading to 99.95 but sometimes it just doesn't go to plan. I wasn't disappointed in the end as I got some scholarships with my ATAR and my main goal of school dux, so I was fine with the result.

beetree1

HSC
I don't remember them all exactly because it's been a few years. But I did maths advanced, maths extension 1, physics, chem, business studies and English advanced. I got band 6 in everything with maths adv, maths ext 1 and English advanced with high band 6s like 97+. My chem, business and physics were around 93-95.

As weird as it sounds I actually underperformed in the HSC externals (not in terms of like not getting the 1st mark externally because I did in most of my subjects, but some of them like maths advanced, business studies and chem should've been higher by a few). But I kind of chocked in some subjects, which is the problem of going to a school where you are first by miles so if you screw up relative to that externally you have no one to save you because your "screw up" might be the highest mark anyways and then that becomes your internal no matter what you did in the rest of the year.

My trial marks were somewhere around (not sure exactly but roughly around this): 99/100 for maths advanced, 99/100 for chemistry, 93/100 for physics, 67/70 for maths ext 1, 97/100 for business studies and I think around 96/105 for English adv.

Based on my internals I was probably heading to 99.95 but sometimes it just doesn't go to plan. I wasn't disappointed in the end as I got some scholarships with my ATAR and my main goal of school dux, so I was fine with the result.
respect what the hell im not gonna get those marks tho hahaha thanks so much anyways!!!!

ahri

HSC
Pretty accurate if you have a good estimate of what you are going to get for your HSC marks, however, scaling is very variable to change. My ATAR was 1 point too high using an ATAR calculator (using my HSC results), so it's not 100% accurate but it will give you a pretty good idea.

99 atar confirmed

HSC

Inaccurate af, don't trust it

c8

HSC
If you're putting your report marks in as your HSC mark, then no it's not going to be accurate. However, if your school gives you your estimated HSC mark which could be found by comparing your score to that of someone who had done the same subject with a similar rank, that would give a good guess of your HSC mark (might change with your schools rank and the consistency of that rank tho idk) that could be put into a HSC calculator with, as someone said earlier, maybe a 1 point difference if you absolutely don't improve or do completely crap. That being said though, most people's trials haven't started yet, some haven't even done their third assessment yet, AND the HSC, so your score would obviously change as well afterwards

Jolteon

HSC
The estimate your school gives you should be the most accurate but I remember being on HSCninja after every exam block and I think it was the most accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)