ATAR Estimate Feedback <HELP> (1 Viewer)

Wiggy420

HSC
Hey Everyone! :jump:

Just seeking some feedback as to what you think i will achieve in my ATAR score.

The Following are my ranks so far (Mid term) - SCHOOL RANK 180

English Advanced - 39/45
Maths General - 15/96
Business Studies - 41/92
Info Process & Tech - 1/18
Ancient History - 5/28
Studies of Religion - 36/134
IT VET EXAM MARK - 77/100 (Rank 2nd)

Im actually aiming for an ATAR of 85 < is this possible the way im going?

Thanks allot!

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
Hey Everyone! :jump:

Just seeking some feedback as to what you think i will achieve in my ATAR score.

The Following are my ranks so far (Mid term) - Sorry i don't have my overall school rank :(

English Advanced - 39/45
Maths General - 15/96
Business Studies - 41/92
Info Process & Tech - 1/18
Ancient History - 5/28
Studies of Religion - 36/134
IT VET EXAM MARK - 77/100 (Rank 2nd)

Im actually aiming for an ATAR of 85 < is this possible the way im going?

Thanks allot!
Of course it's possible to get that ATAR. The moment you stop believing in yourself is when it becomes impossible.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Can't help w/o school rank, sorry.

But piece of advice, if you're going to devote time to anything, make it English. That rank will cause you problems.

ReNG

HSC
Just keep studying and do your best. =) Man i sound like a teacher. =="

bored of sc

HSC
hey, truly inspiring but do you think that the way im going i will reach my goal?
It's hard to say, at the moment based on your rankings I'd say you need to improve (but only in certain subjects). The subjects where you are ranked in the top quarter of students, you just need to keep doing what you're doing. However, the subjects where you are ranked in the bottom half of students, you need to try your hardest to move up into the top half. This is to ensure your internal school-based assessment marks are high. After all, these assessment marks form half your of final HSC mark.

Obviously, you need to do well in the external HSC examinations but sometimes you need a bit of luck for the HSC exams when it comes to your poorer-ranked subjects. Let me explain.

I was ranked 7/10 for Chemistry. However, in the external HSC exam 8 people gained a mark of over 80, this made my assessment mark in the 80's (even though I got an exam mark of 79). It averaged at 80% and I pulled off a band 5. Basically what I'm saying is if most your cohort does well in the HSC exam for a subject that you're ranked badly for; your assessment mark can drag your final result up, even if you happen to do badly in the HSC exam. Clear as mud?

Waffling aside, you will do well if you improve your rankings in your weaker subjects and do well in your HSC examinations. You really need to pick up your act in your weaker subjects as they might jeopardise your chance of getting an ATAR of 85+.

Just keep swimming.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
My school was ranked around the 180s and I think you're going to need to improve your rankings if you want 85+. Still achievable, but pick up in English and Business especially.

harry_potte

HSC
Maths 2U:37/88
Maths 3U:27/60
Physics:9/60
Chemistry:24/40
English:45/90
School's rank in 09: 80s

could you also plz help me estimate my atar based on these results

thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)