Atar estimate for a year 11? (1 Viewer)

yksky

HSC
I know it's probably a bit early to estimate my atar, but it's worth a shot.

Eng adv - estimated 5/45
Mathematics - 20/38 :(
Legal studies - 1/10
Business studies - 1 or 2 /16
Chinese Beginners - estimated 4 or 5/28
Biology - I'm dropping it.

My school rank is terrible, in the low 400's :jawdrop:

I'm aiming for 90+, and I definitely believe that I can get to the top of english, business and possibly chinese (I have been bludging this year.)

HSC
Its hard to estimate, you're in prelim and the courses are different in year 11 and 12

will1997

HSC
You definitely have a good shot at getting 90+. But people tend 'up' their game in year 12. So make sure your staying on top of your studies, and importantly, stay motivated.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You definitely have a good shot at getting 90+. But people tend 'up' their game in year 12. So make sure your staying on top of your studies, and importantly, stay motivated.
No she don't, she's in year 11.

will1997

HSC
No she don't, she's in year 11.
I don't think it matters too much what year you're in, as long as you're determined enough to achieve your goal. And by looking at her ranks and her curiosity to see if she's up to standard, I'm sure she'll be able to reach her goal if she dedicates herself. Regardless, the preliminary course ends in a couple months. Although her rank isn't significant since she's year 11, it shouldn't stop predictors from commenting on her chances of achieving the desired ATAR.

HSC
I don't think it matters too much what year you're in, as long as you're determined enough to achieve your goal. And by looking at her ranks and her curiosity to see if she's up to standard, I'm sure she'll be able to reach her goal if she dedicates herself. Regardless, the preliminary course ends in a couple months. Although her rank isn't significant since she's year 11, it shouldn't stop predictors from commenting on her chances of achieving the desired ATAR.
She can receive any atar she wants, however you cannot predict her ATAR because the preliminary and HSC courses are completely different.
One cannot determine if OP is going to do well in the year 12 courses or not, what if OP suddenly fails business because content is too much and difficult to understand. Stuff like this disallows people to estimate her atar.

If you want a 90+ atar, you must be around the top of your cohort in each subject and must be willing to study hard

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
OP's ranks aren't exactly 90+ for a 400+ school rank

will1997

HSC
She can receive any atar she wants, however you cannot predict her ATAR because the preliminary and HSC courses are completely different.
One cannot determine if OP is going to do well in the year 12 courses or not, what if OP suddenly fails business because content is too much and difficult to understand. Stuff like this disallows people to estimate her atar.

If you want a 90+ atar, you must be around the top of your cohort in each subject and must be willing to study hard
I agree with you, but I'm talking more about words of encouragement and hope rather than accurate predictions for a preliminary student (which would be inaccurate, so we're on the same page). My bad if you didn't see where I was coming from.

habibi213

HSC
If we pretend that those ranks were your HSC ranks, should be 90+

youngsky

poof
HSC
With that school rank, OP may potentially get 90+ provided those are the same ranks when they finish year 12, but atm it's hovering more 82-87 range.

Hypothetically, if the maths rank was around the same level as the others, that might be raised to 86-92...but of course, since it is only year 11 they might just get 99.95, who knows

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I know it's probably a bit early to estimate my atar, but it's worth a shot.

Eng adv - estimated 5/45
Mathematics - 20/38 :(
Legal studies - 1/10
Business studies - 1 or 2 /16
Chinese Beginners - estimated 4 or 5/28
Biology - I'm dropping it.

My school rank is terrible, in the low 400's :jawdrop:

I'm aiming for 90+, and I definitely believe that I can get to the top of english, business and possibly chinese (I have been bludging this year.)

yksky

HSC
Sorry, I should've said an ATAR estimate for next years HSC (2015). Thankyou for the input everyone :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)