Atar Estimate: Is a 90 Atar still achievable? (1 Viewer)

knacknick23

HSC
Hi guys, so I was just wondering if anyone could help me estimate my atar, because people have told me the online ones aren't accurate and that my school rank has a bearing on my atar. Tbh the only reason why I'm asking is cos I've had quite a few problems pop up that outweigh the importance of Hsc... so I don't think I did - or will do- well in the Hsc.

-School rank around 20s-30s

Also being the completely uninformed noob I am, I don't know the exact number of students doing a subject in my year. Yep.

-English Adv: 11/120ish
-Maths Adv: 58/ 80ish
-Economics: 32/80ish
-Business studies: 22/40ish
-Ancient History: 3/9
-English Ext 1: 7/20ish

Let's just say worst comes to worst and I get 60ish for all my exams... do I still have a chance at getting a 90? I mean I never thought I'd get to the Hsc stage and be completely unprepared for everything because I stopped caring... but apparently it happened.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
You go to a school ranked 20ish and you have good ranks. I would be going more 95.

But maybe around 90 if you stuff up externals.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
dat english is really good, considering it's in the 20-30s school, maths is lacking and so is business studies, others are really just moderate.
guessing aroudn 93-4

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
wtf is this shit, are you trolling?
Of course you're gonna get 90 bro

johnny_boy12

HSC
Uni Grad
90? lol id be surprised if he gets lower than 96.5 honestly that's for sure considering the rank of the school with your ranks, sure some subjects arent the greatest but that english will definately get you around 96.5 or even higher imo:)

knacknick23

HSC
No but seriously... I had very big events (for me personally) happen at the wrong time... It screwed up my trials and is currently affecting my hsc. My ranks weren't so bad before the trials, but then glanced down to average. Currently I'm feeling very indifferent about the hsc because these other problems are getting in the way.

I mean a morning cram, after a huge gap of doing f*ck-all from trial examination period. Does it genuinely seem like I can still get a 90?

Because I mean school ranks are based off the assumption that students will continually perform at their current level right? What if you get no study at all, despite relying on previous knowledge, you'd still be a transparent in terms of study wouldn't you?

Sorry for 'fighting' you guys, just really uncertain about myself right now :/

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
No but seriously... I had very big events (for me personally) happen at the wrong time... It screwed up my trials and is currently affecting my hsc. My ranks weren't so bad before the trials, but then glanced down to average. Currently I'm feeling very indifferent about the hsc because these other problems are getting in the way.

I mean a morning cram, after a huge gap of doing f*ck-all from trial examination period. Does it genuinely seem like I can still get a 90?

Because I mean school ranks are based off the assumption that students will continually perform at their current level right? What if you get no study at all, despite relying on previous knowledge, you'd still be a transparent in terms of study wouldn't you?

Sorry for 'fighting' you guys, just really uncertain about myself right now :/
It's unlikely that your cohort will perform badly based on your school. Your bad is not bad. Trust me, you will get 90 regardless of how you perform. Perks of going to your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)