Atar estimate please!!!! Cheers (2 Viewers)

themanman

HSC
N/A
I think he has misunderstood the process...

His internal assessment mark was 59 (third lowest)
but when moderated it ended up being 89 (due to his high school rank and strength of his cohort)
he then received 93 in his hsc exam

averaging both out - he received 91 (thinking that you can only lose 3~4)

However, internal assessment marks are very important because it demonstrates where your rank stands
relative to your cohort

being ranked 2nd (behind 1st by 5 marks) is the exact same as being ranked 5th and behind 1st by 5 marks.

you may be ranked 2nd by 5 marks.. which would bring your internal assessment lower than if you were 2nd by only 1 mark

So rank + internal marks = both equally important

edit: pls rep me if im right :)

Last edited:

awbeyona

HSC
I think he has misunderstood the process...

His internal assessment mark was 59 (third lowest)
but when moderated it ended up being 89 (due to his high school rank and strength of his cohort)
he then received 93 in his hsc exam

averaging both out - he received 91 (thinking that you can only lose 3~4)

However, internal assessment marks are very important because it demonstrates where your rank stands
relative to your cohort

being ranked 2nd (behind 1st by 5 marks) is the exact same as being ranked 5th and behind 1st by 5 marks.

you may be ranked 2nd by 5 marks.. which would bring your internal assessment lower than if you were 2nd by only 1 mark

So rank + internal marks = both equally important

edit: pls rep me if im right :)
Hi Themanman,

You are not wrong. But think about it. Your school wants to give you an excellent mark so they can get a good reputation and this normally applies to the selective and private schools. School sends your approx. school assessment mark in September. They get our external Higher School Certificate result before the 15th of December and thus they still have enough time to fix student's mark.

But people in the bottom end generally gets the bottom mark and people in the top end generally gets the top mark. That is why.

In my case, I failed my school assessment but I came back in my Higher School Certificate external examination. This is very rare.

Thanks to external examination, I am now in my second year studying Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).

All the best in October and November. That is your real and counts the most.

AWB

Last edited:

awbeyona

HSC
You are clueless, dont talk unless you know what your saying. Everything you have said on this thread is absolutely false.
Hi Enilgam,

No, you are clueless. DO NOT talk unless you know what YOU ARE saying. Everything you have said on this thread is absolutely false. THUS, PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE / WRITE.

WHICH HIGH SCHOOL? YOU KNOW MINE... TOP FOUR HUNDRED (400TH)?

You started it so...

Thanks,

AWB

Last edited:

themanman

HSC
N/A
I get what he's saying

he is basically saying.. the whole system is corrupt. the system they pose to us (and what enoi has been saying) is in fact correct

however, the school manipulates it later on so that the top scoring students in the ext exam quickly swap with whoever was first in interns

now.. to some extent i may agree with u because my principal ignorantly said

"whoever gets the top in the external marks takes the top mark in the internal"

although he is wrong, it may subtly allude to what awbeyona is saying

am i on the right track ther?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)