ATAR Estimate please + I'm struggling and I need someone to realistically tell me!! (1 Viewer)

lostbuoy

HSC
Hey
I'm really not doing well in my subjects rn. I'm hoping for a 90+ atar but so far things haven't been going well. I've finished my term 2/3 assessments and the next ones are trials. I go to a school which is ranked ~65. These are my ranks and marks from my half yearly report.

English Advanced = rank: 43/81, mark: 74
English Extension = rank: 6/12, mark: 73
Chemistry = rank: 32/58, mark: 73
Biology = rank: 13/85, mark: 85
Mathematics (2u) = rank: 50/75, mark: 55
Japanese Beginners = rank: 10/26, mark: 74
Studies of Religion (1u) = rank: 1/16, mark: 90

I did around the same for my term 2/3 exams. If I improve my trial mark a lot will that get me over 90? I'm seriously worried, and everyone around me is doing great so idk what i'm doing wrong.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: ATAR Estimate please + I'm struggling and I need someone to realistically tell me

Firstly, how well other people is doing around you-you cannot affect how well other people do, so no use worrying or envying. Secondly, given you should be focusing your time on getting that 'exceptional' results in your trials rather than speculating on a hypothetical situation, you are really better off stop worrying and start strategic studying-i.e. according to a study plan and effective studying strategies. Wasting time worrying is equivalent to useless procrastinating. Thirdly, it depends on how much your trials are worth and how close are the marks between the person ranked first and your rank. Because there are so many variables, how you perform in final HSC exam also has a significant bearing on your mark, you really should channel your efforts on studying rather than worrying.

TigerMaster

HSC
Re: ATAR Estimate please + I'm struggling and I need someone to realistically tell me

A bit useless tbh, no offence my friend. No one can predict ur atar even ur teacher.
I'll say focus on studying rather than worrying.

leehuan

HSC

A bit useless tbh, no offence my friend. No one can predict ur atar even ur teacher.
I'll say focus on studying rather than worrying.
If this weren't posted in the wrong section of the forum, you'll see tons of people asking for estimates anyway.

They don't have to be accurate, just ideas.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

HsceebsTeam

HSC

Hi LostBuoy,

"Realistically" you're looking at an atar in the 80's AT THE MOMENT.

HOWEVER, Trials and Externals ARE LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!! You can change EVERYTHING.

Work Hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)