atar estimate please? (1 Viewer)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
hi, this is for my sister:

she goes to a school in the top 50.

current ranks are -

english adv. 1/120
maths 2U 15/90 (including ext 1 candidates, but she is 1st in 2u)
economics 1/70
accounting no rank, but got straight distinctions last year for hsc.
textiles 8/12 (FORGET ABOUT THIS, NOT COUNTING - GOING TO DROP IT)
business studies 1/40

please let me know. :) thankss.

twistedrebel

HSC
97-99.50 depending on how high ranked her school is.

MCK

HSC
Are those serious estimates? As the original poster said isnt that high for someone who doesnt do any extension subjects and has alright to good scaling subjects and ranks?

Can someone please explain this?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Her marks will be very high, since her school is ranked so highly, as its generally implied that marks are really high to get good ranks. She'll get a high school assessment mark and will be adequately prepared for the final HSC exams, getting her a high score in that too. That is assuming that she maintains her ranks and marks.

Seeing those statistics on the amount of kids in classes is DEPRESSING. I have 11~ kids in Advanced; 7 in 2 Unit and 12~ in Economics. Weak.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
really? even though she does no mex2 and sciences etc?
You don't need 4 Unit Maths and Sciences to get 99+. In 2008, a 100.00 UAIer who had the highest approximated scaled aggregate (~496) did no maths or sciences. His school was ranked around 50 that year. So if your sister maintains those rankings and scores the usual scores for people ranked first internally in a top 50 school (which is probably around 95+) then yes your sister has a very good chance I believe.

marcella1407

HSC
So does this all mean that if you don't go to a school in the top 50/100 you'll get a bad ATAR?

luv2luvurmama

HSC
So does this all mean that if you don't go to a school in the top 50/100 you'll get a bad ATAR?
just makes it harder.
97-99.2 Uhm.. yeah easy subjects.. Good atar, kinda limits what u can do in uni though :(. I know heaps of people that got like 99.9 but they're doing arts degree's, and ranom shit like that lols, or international studies + French in uni.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
No but it means that it's harder to predict your results because schools out of that range tend to no have much correlation between Year groups. e.g. in James Ruse every Year group tends to get around the same kind of results every year (with mild variations) but in a school like mine there's one Year who does very well and another Year which does really bad i.e. my Year.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Her marks will be very high, since her school is ranked so highly, as its generally implied that marks are really high to get good ranks. She'll get a high school assessment mark and will be adequately prepared for the final HSC exams, getting her a high score in that too. That is assuming that she maintains her ranks and marks.

Seeing those statistics on the amount of kids in classes is DEPRESSING. I have 11~ kids in Advanced; 7 in 2 Unit and 12~ in Economics. Weak.
I feel your pain, there was only 17 in my Year 12 year. *high five for piss poor numbers*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)