ATAR ESTIMATE? PLEASE (1 Viewer)

eldawgz

HSC
Screen shot 2011-12-14 at 9.23.59 AM.png

i know I'll be expecting atleast a 65 but i just want clarification. i already calculated this through various ATAR calculators and got an average of 63. please help!

zhiying

HSC
Most likely if you tried many ATAR calculators, the average of all the estimates is fairly close to what you will get...so probably around 63. But good luck anyway

eldawgz

HSC
Most likely if you tried many ATAR calculators, the average of all the estimates is fairly close to what you will get...so probably around 63. But good luck anyway
but would this have a chance of going up due to scaling etc.? i really need atleast a 65 otherwise im fucked!

zhiying

HSC
No sorry, I'm pretty sure ATAR calculators take into account the scaling of your subject. You still might get 65, but just prepare to get lower I guess

eldawgz

HSC
No sorry, I'm pretty sure ATAR calculators take into account the scaling of your subject. You still might get 65, but just prepare to get lower I guess
fuck man seriously i feel useless and an utter failure at the moment. so if I apply at courses with 'nc' on them is it a guranteed entry if I did the subject related to it? I've put B. Applied Science Exercise Physiology at USYD cos seeing as the assumed knowledge is PDHPE, chem and bio i may have a chance, do you think so?

M

MichelleV

fuck man seriously i feel useless and an utter failure at the moment. so if I apply at courses with 'nc' on them is it a guranteed entry if I did the subject related to it? I've put B. Applied Science Exercise Physiology at USYD cos seeing as the assumed knowledge is PDHPE, chem and bio i may have a chance, do you think so?
No, not necessarily.
If there are 1000 spots for that coarse, and 2000 people apply, it goes who got the highest atar and works down. So the cut off could be 88.34 depending on the atar of the last person to be admitted.

My friend applied for a nc last year, and they were estimating about 85 to be the cut off, but it was like 92 or something.

Honestly, it's probably not going to be the most popular coarse though, so hopefully you'll have luck on your side and get in :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. Don't ever comment again.

Scaling changes year to year and could go up or down and there is much more variation the lower your
ATAR is. But with those marks don't expect 65. No offence.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No, not necessarily.
If there are 1000 spots for that coarse, and 2000 people apply, it goes who got the highest atar and works down. So the cut off could be 88.34 depending on the atar of the last person to be admitted.

My friend applied for a nc last year, and they were estimating about 85 to be the cut off, but it was like 92 or something.

Honestly, it's probably not going to be the most popular coarse though, so hopefully you'll have luck on your side and get in :)
Course*
88.34 isn't a possible ATAR. What?

dajazza

HSC
ATAR calculator is fucked up. I was calculated to have a 72 ATAR (which would make me happy).... ended up getting 65. Got scaled down like a motherfucker!

eldawgz

HSC
ATAR calculator is fucked up. I was calculated to have a 72 ATAR (which would make me happy).... ended up getting 65. Got scaled down like a motherfucker!
same :( how come everyone's ATAR were a disappointment though

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
same :( how come everyone's ATAR were a disappointment though
My friend got estimated 95 in the calculators and thought all the maths people would beat him but then he went up and we went down. :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)