ATAR Estimate Please :) (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Guys!

I would like to know how I'm currently doing in my studies, so could someone please give an ATAR estimate based on my preliminary results:

Economics 1/30
Business Studies 1/85
Legal Studies 2/25
Advanced English 10/85
2U Maths 20/107
School Rank: 268

Thank you :)

Aysce

HSC
I estimate: 93-94. Push up maths to the top 5 and english to maybe top 3 and you can possibly be looking at 95+.

Last edited:

itguy

HSC
N/A
The ATAR is worked out from your final moderated HSC results which are 50% school based assessment and 50% HSC exam. You would need to know how moderation normally effects your school results ie up or down then you would have an idea of final results. The online ATAR estimators are accurate but you would need to know your final marks which you dont. The ruling guide is that a final mark of 80 in all your courses will get you an ATAR about 82. So how far you go above 80 in each course will determine your ATAR. Work hard at every assessment task no matter how much it is worth. When you come to apply for uni you get up to 9 preferences which you will need to use wisely. Medicine can be done post grad. Check out my website at careeradvicensw.com

Last edited:

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
The ATAR is worked out from your final moderated HSC results which are 50% school based assessment and 50% HSC exam. You would need to know how moderation normally effects your school results ie up or down then you would have an idea of final results. The online ATAR estimators are accurate but you would need to know your final marks which you dont. The ruling guide is that a final mark of 80 in all your courses will get you an ATAR about 82. So how far you go above 80 in each course will determine your ATAR. Work hard at every assessment task no matter how much it is worth. When you come to apply for uni you get up to 9 preferences which you will need to use wisely. Medicine can be done post grad.

Wait, now I'm confused :S
So when calculating an ATAR score which do they take more into consideration, the rank or the hsc score?

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Wait, now I'm confused :S
So when calculating an ATAR score which do they take more into consideration, the rank or the hsc score?
They take your assessment mark, so your assessments during the year, and your final hsc exam mark.

Rank is incorporated in their somehow, but not 100% sure, in the same boat as you, preparing for my HSC this time next year :)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
They take your assessment mark, so your assessments during the year, and your final hsc exam mark.

Rank is incorporated in their somehow, but not 100% sure, in the same boat as you, preparing for my HSC this time next year :)
Okie dokes, I somewhat get it nows lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)