ATAR Estimate Please (1 Viewer)

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Hey, below are my subjects, marks, ranks and cohort size (off the top of my head):

Biology: 1/23 - 96% average.
Business Studies: 1/12 - 98.4% average.
Economics: 1/10 - 93% average.
Advanced English: 2/10 - 93% average.
Legal Studies: ~1/11 - 93.25% average (this ranking may change - 2nd place is literally 0.3 of a mark behind me and we are yet to receive our half-yearly mark).

School rank: 500s. :S I go to a rural school in the middle of nowhere. (y)

Thanks.

simplyinsanity

HSC
Because you are ranked first in (practically) all of your subjects, your HSC results will depend completely on your results in the external exams. Thus, your atar will be determined almost 100% by how you go in the final exams.

simplyinsanity

HSC
Could you perhaps give me an estimate anyway? :eek: Or is it not possible?
Estimate wouldn't be particularly accurate though :-/

For example, if you get a Band 6 in each subject, you should be able to get your atar goal of 98+ easily.

But if you got Band 3s for everything...it would be a completely different picture :(

So no pressure, but study hard for the externals :) Focus on doing practice papers and keep up to date with any revision notes.

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Look ar last year dux's atar?
Last year's DUX was the best of a bad bunch - his marks weren't that good but he was still better than the rest of the kids. A lot of the teachers said their year was the worst one they've had. They urged us to do better than them because they did absolutely shit. Our year's a lot better; there's some smart cookies in our year. Hopefully we do better.

iStudent

HSC
What was your school rank the year before?
Because it seems like 500s was just a bad year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)