ATAR Estimate? PLEASSSE (1 Viewer)

tomm2096

HSC
hey everyone i have been studying real hard about 3 hours a day for the last few weeks...i need an ATAR of 92 to get into commerce and if i dont get it my life is pretty much over my dad will kick me out of home :*(.... i went not too bad in my ranks at school so hopefully it will allow my ATAR hope! my ranks are as follows and so are my trial marks just as an indicator.... thanks a million

RANKS

school RANK: 536

english standard: 88/94

General Maths: 62/64

SOR1: 9/9

Ancient History: 37/40

Business Studies: 48/51

Legal Studies: 62/67

TRIAL EXAM MARKS all around the 60% mark except legal 20 % GRRR :(

LET ME KNOW???? THANK YOU!

Sean432

HSC
Look man, those arent good ranks, and ur school rank is damn near shocking. So i wouldnt be putting too much emphasis on getting that 92. Macquarie takes an 82 for commerce, target that ey?

boxhunter91

HSC
Ill be honest with you your ranks are really low. Just go hard out next 2 weeks and do your absolute best in the exams. ATM your ATAR estimate would be low 70's.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely not getting into 90s with that school rank and those internal ranks - sorry.

I'd say mid 70s with lots of effort.

Sean432

HSC
id say low 90's but you should defintely try and study 4 hours a day if u want to get into ur course
keep up the good work though

p.s. ur dad is probs just nervous coz ur overachieving, just try incorporate a few marketing strategies in order to increase your dad's morale and satisfaction
why the hell would u tell him low 90's. Dont mislead him, its not doing him any favours.

tomm2096

HSC
*tear

im pretty sad at the moment i appreciate the motivational comments and all the advice but you guys may have just made it hit home...im not sure if tmann knows what hes talking about but i hope so because hes given me some hope.....

and about macq uni- my dad is like a CEO of this advertising firm and has really high expectations and i am trying really hard :*(... "macq uni is not highly regarded to get a job" so he says.... i dont want to have to go and live with my aunty and uncle in victoria this sucks real bad guys

is it realistically possible if i improve a bit?

AnandDNA

HSC
tbh i would be happy with 60+ in your situation. But miracles can occur

Goodluck anyway

Sean432

HSC
Okay, im going to address 2 matters with you. One, your dad sending you away is just ridiculous, the HSC is not a matter or way of life. You've got to speak up man. Secondly, Macquarie is not regarded highly for jobs? What a load of rubbish, tell your dad that Macquarie is a highly respected university and only has lower ATAR's because of its positioning.

And im sorry, but a 90 is not possible man. However that being said, give it your all, dont give up! And you never know, crazier things have happened.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
*tear

im pretty sad at the moment i appreciate the motivational comments and all the advice but you guys may have just made it hit home...im not sure if tmann knows what hes talking about but i hope so because hes given me some hope.....

and about macq uni- my dad is like a CEO of this advertising firm and has really high expectations and i am trying really hard :*(... "macq uni is not highly regarded to get a job" so he says.... i dont want to have to go and live with my aunty and uncle in victoria this sucks real bad guys

is it realistically possible if i improve a bit?
Your dads a prick, tell him to fuck off, let you lead your own fucking life and learn a thing or two about universities before passing judgment.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
feel sorry for you man, also maq has lower cut off because its position.

Lukybear

HSC
If his a CEO, how come he sent you to that shit box school of 500+ranking?

But otherwise cat is right. Your dad is slightly unfair.

I recon aim macquire. But dont be disheartened if you dont get in. Just try harder.

hollaholla

HSC
you are UNBELIEVABLE....

One of the posts ---Hey guys these are my overall rankings if you colud estimate my ATAR, i would really appreciate it, thankyou.

School Rank 2008: 347

English Advanced: 12/60

Biology: 9/24

General Maths: 12/45

Chemistry: 7/12

Business Studies: 4/22

Ancient History: 5/18

What you say : you will probably get below 30 ATAR with that because your school rank will drag you down heaps.

What do you think your ATARs gonna be?

-Onlooker-

HSC
OP = troll

However, if you're saying the truth: I'll give it to you straight out

YOU ARE GETTING AN ASTERISK FOR YOUR ATAR.

andrea22

HSC
I am getting an asterick omg!!!!! Yay!!!
ur ranks are decent :) not great, but decent, i mean ur top 12 for all. u can get 80s im pretty suree. dnt worry too much abt school rank

my boyf went to a school ranked in the 400's
he was top 5 for everything
he got a 94 for his uai
its not the greatest uai but fairly good for his school
soo. keep working, you'll pull out good :)

-Onlooker-

HSC
ur ranks are decent :) not great, but decent, i mean ur top 12 for all. u can get 80s im pretty suree. dnt worry too much abt school rank

my boyf went to a school ranked in the 400's
he was top 5 for everything
he got a 94 for his uai
its not the greatest uai but fairly good for his school
soo. keep working, you'll pull out good :)
boyf - cute :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)