1) I'm a guy, my judgement would be bias anywho
2) I haven't seen your guy!
3) you make it seem like Im interested in boys :(

I meant the way you said it

:)
hahaha sorry sorry ! thankk uu ^.^

ricky249

HSC
wohh you guys are harsh, but a realistic perspective is good i guess..

my school ranked 32nd last year

adv eng: 32/112
2u math: 11/108
3u math: 52/102
economics: 32/84
chemistry: 32/68
legal studies: 10/19

ideally I want to get and atar 96 to show off to the rents
but what are my chances of gettin a 95.4 for comm law at macq?

4unit4lyf

HSC
Oh yet another failure in life. My rankings are at the other end of the scale. And yes your dad being a CEO should mean a better education for his children. Not some 3rd world school god knows where. Well with those ranks give Aboriginal Studies a go a UWS. I hear it's oh so fun.

Peace Out.

Mahmood Ahmed.

dd25

HSC
sorry but ur marks arent too good, mid 60's to low 70's

-Onlooker-

HSC
Oh yet another failure in life. My rankings are at the other end of the scale. And yes your dad being a CEO should mean a better education for his children. Not some 3rd world school god knows where. Well with those ranks give Aboriginal Studies a go a UWS. I hear it's oh so fun.

Peace Out.

Mahmood Ahmed.
Sorry dude, but that was lame

kwabon

Banned
HSC
you are UNBELIEVABLE....

One of the posts ---Hey guys these are my overall rankings if you colud estimate my ATAR, i would really appreciate it, thankyou.

School Rank 2008: 347

English Advanced: 12/60

Biology: 9/24

General Maths: 12/45

Chemistry: 7/12

Business Studies: 4/22

Ancient History: 5/18

What you say : you will probably get below 30 ATAR with that because your school rank will drag you down heaps.

What do you think your ATARs gonna be?
this guys ATAR is gonna be in the low 70s / high 70s.

and to the OP your ATAR is gonna be very low, i am sorry to say, its gonna be high 40s / low 50s, currently with your rankings.
but miracles can occur, but if i were i wouldnt be counting on that.

EvoRevolution

HSC
It is virtual impossible to get an ASTERISK in the HSC this year. Think about since the atar has been introduced we are ranked against our cohort from year 7. Now since many people from year 7 have not made it to year 12 it increases our chance of not getting an atar of less than 50. All the people who left in year 7-11 will be given the ranks for less than 50 cause they are included in the ranking. So unless you are a complete retard its impossible to get atar of <40 this year.

To OP, ur ranks are pretty shit (sorry to tell you), like one of my friends you only want to do COmmerce but u have to be realistic i dont think your going to get 92, so u should like my friend put down WS, UTS and all other uni's. Anyway you could always do arts or something and then transfer later.

Plus i doubt your dads CEO of some big ass company, if he sent you to a school ranked 500+, unless you choose to go there. Anyway keep trying.

Damon123

HSC
Hmmm i'm not sure how well that will work out for you to be honest...but all you can do is your very best. When studying, try to be serious. 1 hour of hard drilled study beats 3 hours of 'sort of reading over things but going on myspace'. While i'm here, i'd like to ask for someones opinion on my ATAR estimate too.

School rank 2008=210
Standard English-16/92
General Maths-5/90
Modern History-12/19 (blarghh)
Business Studies- 12/25
Music 1- 3/21

I'd be happy with a 60, but would love a 70+
:cook:

Stella09

HSC
looking at those marks you won' get over 90... or 80.... i've been looking at the rankings for myself... i need 94.6 and for me to get that i have to get over 92 in all my subjetcs and they scale well so... yea... i o chem, physics, english, ag and adv maths.. and extension maths... but im not counting that one. another thing you can do is aim for 82 get in there... do it for a while,.. then transfer to the uni you want. trust me... i wanna do vet.. if i looked at sydney its like 98.6... so i no wat impossible feels like... all will not be lost if u dont get in... just do ur best and if its wat u rly wanna do... you'll get there eventually... just might take longer than you think
good luck

Nelson.

HSC
how would i go? i need a 86.5

school rank 2008 : 97
Std eng: 2/16
2u maths: 6/20
Eco: 2/5
Business studies: 3/10
physics: 1/10

m1tch37

HSC
How much impact does your school rank have on your ATAR?

Having top ranks in my subjects, is my schools rank going to somehow have a negative impact?

This is the first time I have really seen everyone listing their school rank....

orthentix

HSC
If your dad wanted you to succeed he wouldn't have sent you to a school ranked 536. What an asshole.

andrea22

HSC
hes lying. just read his other posts lol

the op that is

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmmm, probably not. Taking into consideration the rest of your school go really well also (which probably won't happen)

In the normal case you'd really be pushing it.

copeys

HSC
Any opinions for me?? By the way, I am not trolling, just curious to see what people wiser then me would say about my hope :)

School Ranking: 436
Trial mark in brackets:

English (Adv): 3/28 (79%)
Mathematics: 1/22 (81%)
Extension Maths: 1/8 (53%)
Biology: 1/18 (85%)
Physics: 3/9 (50%)
Information Processes & Technology: 1/11 (79%)

[[To be honest, Physics was crap - was coming first the entire way through the years, bombed out on one exam (trial) which was like worth 40% (i think :s). So, that pushed me back to 3rd. Oh well lol :)]]

I need a 75.6 ATAR but I would like 80-85 - :) Thanks for your opinions

danusha

HSC
Someone who's at a decent school (top 100), is in the top half off all their subjects: Adv english. general maths, legal, eco, bio, iU SOR from internal exams and getting band 6's in all subs except eco and english (band 5) in the actual HSC, do they have a chance of an ATAR over 90? So really, how important is your internal performance?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Any opinions for me?? By the way, I am not trolling, just curious to see what people wiser then me would say about my hope :)

School Ranking: 436
Trial mark in brackets:

English (Adv): 3/28 (79%)
Mathematics: 1/22 (81%)
Extension Maths: 1/8 (53%)
Biology: 1/18 (85%)
Physics: 3/9 (50%)
Information Processes & Technology: 1/11 (79%)

[[To be honest, Physics was crap - was coming first the entire way through the years, bombed out on one exam (trial) which was like worth 40% (i think :s). So, that pushed me back to 3rd. Oh well lol :)]]

I need a 75.6 ATAR but I would like 80-85 - :) Thanks for your opinions
85+ is definitely achievable. Like me you go to a lowly ranked school so how well you do in your hsc will determine what you get, you can't really rely on your cohort much. Could be anything from 75-95

Someone who's at a decent school (top 100), is in the top half off all their subjects: Adv english. general maths, legal, eco, bio, iU SOR from internal exams and getting band 6's in all subs except eco and english (band 5) in the actual HSC, do they have a chance of an ATAR over 90? So really, how important is your internal performance?
4 band 6 subjects and 2 band 5 would definitely be 90+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)