Math ex2 3/6 (4 band 6s)
IPT 3/15 (4 band 6s)
SDD 3/14 (3 band 6s)

Thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, I believe that your friend's current performance is consistent with an ATAR between 94 and 96.5.

Your friend's performance is essentially favourable across all of their subjects. In particular, Mathematics Extension 1 appears to be their best-performing subject, and is therefore likely to make a very positive contribution to their ATAR. Because of this, it is important that your friend prepares for their remaining exams to the best of their ability.

The same can also be suggested regarding Mathematics Extension 2, Information Processes and Technology as well as Software Design and Development (i.e. your friend's performance is also of a high standard in these subjects). Your friend must therefore also do their utmost in preparation for these subjects so as to ensure that they end up making a positive contribution to their ATAR.

It seems that English Standard is their lowest-performing subject. While this does not necessarily suggest that their performance is of a low standard, they definitely have the opportunity to focus more on this subject, which will hopefully allow them to improve their overall position. This can in turn result in English Standard making a better contribution to their ATAR, which also means that it can potentially exceed this estimate.

I hope this helps! 😄

boredsharon

HSC
Given this information, I believe that your friend's current performance is consistent with an ATAR between 94 and 96.5.

Your friend's performance is essentially favourable across all of their subjects. In particular, Mathematics Extension 1 appears to be their best-performing subject, and is therefore likely to make a very positive contribution to their ATAR. Because of this, it is important that your friend prepares for their remaining exams to the best of their ability.

The same can also be suggested regarding Mathematics Extension 2, Information Processes and Technology as well as Software Design and Development (i.e. your friend's performance is also of a high standard in these subjects). Your friend must therefore also do their utmost in preparation for these subjects so as to ensure that they end up making a positive contribution to their ATAR.

It seems that English Standard is their lowest-performing subject. While this does not necessarily suggest that their performance is of a low standard, they definitely have the opportunity to focus more on this subject, which will hopefully allow them to improve their overall position. This can in turn result in English Standard making a better contribution to their ATAR, which also means that it can potentially exceed this estimate.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thanks for the advice.
It helps a lot!

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Personally I think it should be a lot higher lmao, WITH the assumption that rank 15/80 english standard is a b6.

Should be 97 minimum :) not sure how jimmy got 94...

howcanibesmarter

HSC
eng -87
sdd - 90
mx1 - 92 (should be like 93 at least imo)
mx2 - 90
ipt - 90

This i feel like is absolute minimum and that still gives 96.35 lol, where is the 94?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
eng -87
sdd - 90
mx1 - 92 (should be like 93 at least imo)
mx2 - 90
ipt - 90

This i feel like is absolute minimum and that still gives 96.35 lol, where is the 94?
Personally I think it should be a lot higher lmao, WITH the assumption that rank 15/80 english standard is a b6.

Should be 97 minimum :) not sure how jimmy got 94...
94 is the lower end of the range within which the person's current performance falls, and assumes the worst-case scenario. I did also specify that the higher end is 96.5 which is reasonable given their current performance. This does not necessarily suggest that the worst-case scenario will occur, neither does it imply that they are restricted to this range, as ATAR estimates merely serve as an indication and are in no way decisive. This also means that they could definitely exceed that estimate.

A good point was mentioned which is that the number of students who achieve a band 6 in English Standard is typically much lower than that of English Advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)