ATAR estimate - Thinking of Med (1 Viewer)

fishrushed

HSC
UWS isn't a bad choice if you don't get into UNSW med
Yeah it isn't. Pretty sure I can achieve the atar so it'll depend on umat and interview.

~95-96

Try and maximise your marks, you still have the trials and hsc to own. :D Also, why don't you also consider moving interstate for med? Or even UWS!
I don't really want to study too far from home for that long so UWS is probably the last or backup option for med.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say ~96

For UNSW they have a chart. 96 atar means you need 100% in UMAT and 99 means like 90% UMAT etc. It's super competitive.

If you're serious about med try looking at other alternatives around the country.
The ATAR of 96 is the minimum for an interview, that actual ATAR you will need would be much close to mid 98.5 with relatively high UMAT and interview scores

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
You should realise that regardless of where you do medicine, IT'S MEDICINE.

Don't be afraid to travel and experience somewhere new.

I'm so glad I left Sydney, I was getting way too comfortable there. Now I'm independent as shit. I knew nobody up here & my family is 2500km but idgaf.

Regardless of where you go for medicine, you will end up with the same qualifications as job prospects as anyone else.

You might even have some fun along the way.

lolman69

HSC
hey i know dis guy. We go same school.
Wassup Raphael

fishrushed

HSC
The ATAR of 96 is the minimum for an interview, that actual ATAR you will need would be much close to mid 98.5 with relatively high UMAT and interview scores
Oh wow.. :/
Thanks for that though :)

You should realise that regardless of where you do medicine, IT'S MEDICINE.

Don't be afraid to travel and experience somewhere new.

I'm so glad I left Sydney, I was getting way too comfortable there. Now I'm independent as shit. I knew nobody up here & my family is 2500km but idgaf.

Regardless of where you go for medicine, you will end up with the same qualifications as job prospects as anyone else.

You might even have some fun along the way.
I guess so... I don't think my parents would let me though but it is something nice to consider. Guess I'll see what I'll choose when the day comes.

2xL

HSC
I did PDHPE. I did fine. And I think I'm from your school. you can do it. Good luck.

Also, please try and do well in English. Lol.

fishrushed

HSC
I did PDHPE. I did fine. And I think I'm from your school. you can do it. Good luck.

Also, please try and do well in English. Lol.
If you are who I think you are, then yep, you're from my school.
PE isn't too big of a problem for me though it would've been nicer if I did do another subject instead.
But yeah, English is just really destroying me and that's going to be what limits me from getting what I want.
And thanks :D

smileplease

HSC
Uni Grad
UMAT & the interview are definitely strong determinants!! I've heard of people who have gotten 96-98 ATAR range get through into med because of their strong UMATs & interviews. So I say go for it!! You don't want to have any regrets at the end of the year and you don't have anything to lose!
I don't think you need to worry too much about your alternative courses just yet--I mean for sure attend all the open days--but the great thing about preferences is that you can change them until middway through Jan--which is long after you ATAR is released--so you definitely have a better idea of what you will realistically get into.

Everything is possible at the school that you go to (High5 brother!) , so work hard and you'll get there!!

Best of luck! =D

Last edited:

fishrushed

HSC
UMAT & the interview are definitely strong determinants!! I've heard of people who have gotten 96-98 ATAR range get through into med because of their strong UMATs & interviews. So I say go for it!! You don't want to have any regrets at the end of the year and you don't have anything to lose!
I don't think you need to worry too much about your alternative courses just yet--I mean for sure attend all the open days--but the great thing about preferences is that you can change them until middway through Jan--which is long after you ATAR is released--so you definitely have a better idea of what you will realistically get into.

Everything is possible at the school that you go to (High5 brother!) , so work hard and you'll get there!!

Best of luck! =D
Oh gee D: UMAT and the interview kinda scares me. I'll be heading to the open days for sure to see what things are like.
Thanks for the motivation talk :D and about the school... err.. it'll be hard but hopefully things work well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)