Atar estimate (1 Viewer)

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
Hi just recieved my trials back and here are my current ranks

Standard English 20/156
Mathematics 48/74 (stuffed up trial big time)
IPT 2/23
Biology 24/77
Ancient History 24/66

would an ATAR of 80 be possible and what would be the estimate ATAR?
Also could external HSC mark lift my marks significantly if I were to get band 6's and 5's?

Thanks in advance

enoilgam

HSC
I'd say 82-85. Getting really good marks on the HSC has the potential to lift your ATAR signficantly.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
Great, Thanks. Its nice to hear around 80.
Have made a study schedule and now have the motivation of actually properly studying for these next 7 weeks.
Will aim for 85 ATAR since our school is applicable for up to 10 ATAR marks to enter courses for UTS.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
Just a quick question.
Are these estimates internal marks only?

Also say if my internal mark was 85, and I get an external mark of 92 for the final HSC exams. Will the final mark just be the average between the two marks, in this case 88.5?

Thanks in advance

enoilgam

HSC
Those estimates are based on your rankings. Yes, the final mark is the average of the internal and external marks. However, if there are half marks they will be rounded up. So in your hypothetical, you would get a final mark of 89.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
Sorry , I was not clear enough on my first part of the question.
What i really wanted to know is are the estimates given in these threads only estimating the Internal mark, or is it an estimate of the Final moderated mark?

Thank you

enoilgam

HSC
Sorry , I was not clear enough on my first part of the question.
What i really wanted to know is are the estimates given in these threads only estimating the Internal mark, or is it an estimate of the Final moderated mark?

Thank you
We estimate what you might get internally, then assume you will get the same externally. For instance, in ancient, I'd estimate that you would probably get around 80 internally. Then, I assume you get the same externally and give you an ATAR estimate based on that.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The estimates we give here and the estimate I gave is your ATAR, not your HSC mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)