ATAR Estimate? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I'm so nervous for the HSC because I really have no idea what to expect my final mark to be. I'm at a smaller school outside of Sydney and there aren't many past students I can compare my results to so that I can know an approximate mark to expect. Here are my trial results, I did mostly independent papers:

English (Adv): 93% (teacher said that changing related texts for mod C would have brought my mark to a 95%)
English (Ext 1): 94%
English (Ext 2): Teacher gave me 100% as my final mark, I don't think I believe that though. Maybe 90%?
Modern History: 95%
Legal Studies: 95%
Chemistry: 92% (CSSA paper, not independent)
French Continuers: 94%
French Extension (probably won't go toward my ATAR, never added my mark across the creative section, essay section and speaking but it wouldn't have been higher than 80% I don't think).

I think my teachers have marked pretty fairly, most have marked HSC before, my English teachers may have been overly generous though. Apparently if you put marks in an ATAR calculator you should be putting in aligned marks, not raw? I don't really know what these marks would be if they were aligned, which is why I'm so confused. Can anyone help me out? (Ranks are all 1 out of only 15-20 if that helps)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

atar will depend on external performance and by what I can tell you're gonna do well!

So without school rank I would think 99.55, but ace externals :))

SuchSmallHands

HSC
That's all a lot higher than I was expecting! I thought I might just scrape 98 if I was extremely lucky. That's so good to have in mind, thanks everyone :)

screwuhsc

HSC
sorry there not great marks there absolutely incredible and awesome

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Knowing your abilities in chemistry gives me a very good understanding of what you're like and i reckon your Atar will easily be over 98
Pfft as if you can talk about me being good at chem, your answers are better than the BOS samples! But thank you, I'm feeling a little more confident now :)

HSC
Pfft as if you can talk about me being good at chem, your answers are better than the BOS samples! But thank you, I'm feeling a little more confident now :)
haha nah you're the strongest chem student from that thread.
And i wouldn't be surprised if you got 95+
Everyone's answers are better than BOS sample answers :p

SuchSmallHands

HSC
haha nah you're the strongest chem student from that thread.
And i wouldn't be surprised if you got 95+
Everyone's answers are better than BOS sample answers :p
As iffff. But thank you, it's lovely of you to say that haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)