ATAR Estimate (1 Viewer)

kevindebruyne

HSC
Hey guys, saw all the posts about atar estimates and thought I'd join in:

- My school usually ranks between 80/90s - low 100s.

Subject | Avg Internal Mark | Rank | Past Band 6's (2018, 2019, 2020 respectively)

English Advanced: 79 : 12/94 : 14, 15, 14

Maths Advanced: 71 : 44/87 : 19, 8, 31

Modern History: 91 : 4/51 : 13, 10, 10

Legal Studies: 83 : 6/25 : 2, 7, 8

Physics: 75 : 10/62 : 7, 13, 11

- IMO my cohort this year is a bit weaker for physics and english compared to previous years

Thank you!!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering all the information you have provided, I believe you could be looking at an ATAR in the mid/high 80's to the low 90's. More precisely, that is an ATAR between 85 and 94, although it is looking more likely that you will be able to achieve an ATAR higher than the mid 80's region, meaning the estimation would slightly change to 86-87 to 94.

Most of your ranks are favourable, particularly in Modern History whereas the only concerning rank is in Mathematics Advanced. Going forward, you should do your utmost to ensure optimal performance in your HSC exams across all of your subjects, especially due to the fact that you're taking 10 units. Performing well in the HSC exam will consequently maximise your HSC marks (final marks), ultimately allowing you to maximise your chances of achieving a high ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

kevindebruyne

HSC
Considering all the information you have provided, I believe you could be looking at an ATAR in the mid/high 80's to the low 90's. More precisely, that is an ATAR between 85 and 94, although it is looking more likely that you will be able to achieve an ATAR higher than the mid 80's region, meaning the estimation would slightly change to 86-87 to 94.

Most of your ranks are favourable, particularly in Modern History whereas the only concerning rank is in Mathematics Advanced. Going forward, you should do your utmost to ensure optimal performance in your HSC exams across all of your subjects, especially due to the fact that you're taking 10 units. Performing well in the HSC exam will consequently maximise your HSC marks (final marks), ultimately allowing you to maximise your chances of achieving a high ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D
Thank you!! Helps a lot

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
the individual internal mark dont matter right?
Wut? They do lol. Higher marks = higher ranks.

Edit: If your suggesting internal marks dont matter towards the actual atar then I would assume you're correct.

DarkOperator618

HSC
Wut? They do lol. Higher marks = higher ranks.

Edit: If your suggesting internal marks dont matter towards the actual atar then I would assume you're correct.
yeh like nesa wouldn't involve your individual mark internally, just the rank

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@DarkOperator618, as Life'sHard mentioned, higher marks in internal assessments allow students to rank higher. The rank is the key element used to calculate a student's Assessment Mark (which contributes 50% towards their final mark in a particular subject). The Examination Mark (i.e. a student's mark in the HSC exam for a particular subject, which contributes the other 50% towards their final mark) is also used for this calculation. This constitutes the moderation process.

The moderation process also entails the school submitting a student’s total assessment mark to NESA. This mark reflects a student’s performance assessed under the same conditions as the others in their group so they can be compared at school level. Those marks indicate the rank order of students within a particular course group and the relative gaps between them at that school.

zizi2003_

HSC
@DarkOperator618, as Life'sHard mentioned, higher marks in internal assessments allow students to rank higher. The rank is the key element used to calculate a student's Assessment Mark (which contributes 50% towards their final mark in a particular subject). The Examination Mark (i.e. a student's mark in the HSC exam for a particular subject, which contributes the other 50% towards their final mark) is also used for this calculation. This constitutes the moderation process.

The moderation process also entails the school submitting a student’s total assessment mark to NESA. This mark reflects a student’s performance assessed under the same conditions as the others in their group so they can be compared at school level. Those marks indicate the rank order of students within a particular course group and the relative gaps between them at that school.
why do schools submit our assessment marks (along with ranks) for each subject to NESA then if only ranks matter?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
why do schools submit our assessment marks (along with ranks) for each subject to NESA then if only ranks matter?

It is the final ranks that are used, not individual ranks for each school-based assessment task/exam.

Total assessment mark: When the assessment program ends, your school will add up the marks you received for each task and apply any weightings. This school assessment mark is sent to NESA, where it is kept it until the exams are marked.

NESA doesn't inform you of your submitted school assessment marks because they must still moderate these marks and align them to achievement standards. Instead, you will receive a report showing your ranks, which indicate your position within your school group in each subject, based on your school assessment mark. Assessment ranks are available from 12.30pm on 3 December 2021.

Final ranks appear to be determined by NESA using the assessment marks that your school submits (meaning your school doesn't actually submit any ranks to NESA). When you receive your final ranks, they should look like this:

1633939006394.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)