Physics: 1/19 (2 band 6s last year) 66/100 average mark
maths ext 1: 1/25 (6 e4s last year) 98/100 average mark
maths ext 2: 1/6 (0 band e4s in 2021 but 2 in 2020) 91/100 average mark
School ranked mid 200 something

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Having considered the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR between 95 and 96.

Your performance in Engineering Studies and Mathematics Extension 1 (primarily) is favourable and constitutes a positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important to maintain this performance as you progress through your trial exams and get closer to your HSC exams. The same can be said about Mathematics Extension 2 and Physics (given your rank in this subject, despite the seemingly unfavourable average mark, which was discussed in your earlier thread). Based on this, whether you choose to drop Physics or Chemistry is subject to your own consideration and reference to thoughts provided by others earlier.

A subject where improvement would definitely be beneficial in terms of achieving the highest possible ATAR is English Advanced. The good thing is that dropping either Physics or Chemistry will result in additional study time, which you can spend on English Advanced with the aim of improving your writing and analytical skills, hopefully leading to a higher rank, which would in turn place you in a better position as you approach your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

jamal123999

HSC
Hmm. I am pondering heavily upon your information. I am aligning the stars, peering into my orb. The crystals hover in the air around me, an aura wisps around my head. The cosmic rays fill my brain - they are overwhelming!!! The ancient oracle of Delphi appears as an apparition before me: "woooOoOoo... (ghost sounds) your atar estimate is 93.55".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)