ATAR Estimation (Help Please!) (1 Viewer)

2013_jonathan_s

HSC
Hi guys! I really need help in estimating marks for obtaining ATAR.
The minimum is 90 but if it is possible i wanna get above 95 :)

My current courses in high school are:
1. Mathematics
2. Math Extension 1
3. Math Extension 2 (I'm planning to drop IF it delete the math subject off the ATAR comparison)
4. English as a Second Language
5. Indonesian Background Speaker
6. Chemistry
7. Biology

Please give me the range of mark I should obtain for each course and should I drop extension 2 or not.
Thank you. :D
:jump:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
But a problem with giving a range of marks is that your ATAR is mainly determined by your final rank and how you perform in the external HSC exam as an entire cohort, so without knowing the rank of your school, your current performance in each course, it is difficult to give an accurate estimate, in general, if you found mathematics to be very easy, you should not drop maths extension 2-it scales very significantly, but if you want to get an ATAR of above 90, you need to make sure you perform relatively very well in your English ESL course, try to be the top 5/top 3 in your school and aim for a band 6-as English is a compulsory subject, just make sure you are consistently getting good results in your other courses-consistency of results throughout the year-includes the sustenance and improvement of good results-is essential to achieving your desired atar-all my best wishes for you to achieve your goal:)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially if internal ranks are decent, if you get all band 6s in externals, you should easily get over 95.

What topics for your next 4u test? My assessment marks were like 93%, 68%, 63%, 52%.

If you are desperate to get a 95 atar, might I add, getting a raw 50% in 4u HSC, is equivalent to a 97 atar.

scig95

HSC
Raw marks u should aim for to get 95+
Mathematics: 85
Math x1: 75
Math x2 if u keep it: 60-65
Not too sure about English and Indonesian background speakers
But bio: 82 ish
Chem: low-mod 70s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)