• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR ESTIMATION? (I just want to see what I can achieve) (1 Viewer)

Demons

HSC
Hey all,

Just wanted to see what ATAR I could achieve. My goal is 90+, And so can someone help me out? My school ranks around 250's

My mark are as follows in the following order (Subject: Overall Mark, Trial Mark, Rank, b6 per year)

Information Processes and Technology: 89%| 83%| 1/11 | 1 b6
Industrial Technology - Multimedia (major got nominated for SHAPE if that helps): 91% | 77%(was sick) | 1/17 | 0 b6 last year but 6 of us got nominated for SHAPE this yr
Maths Standard 2: 99% | 98%| 1/40 | 5 b6
Software Design and Development: 91% | 84% | 1/4 | 0 b6 (we didn't have a class last year or the year before)
English Standard: 74% | 71% | 10/52 | 0 b6

I think the best guy who does this is @jimmysmith560 but anyone can help.

Thanks and let me know if you need anything else.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR in the high 80's to low 90's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 88.5 and 90.5. This is similar to whattimeisit's estimate above. However, the fact that you are ranked first in most of your subjects is very important and essentially constitutes a great opportunity for you to achieve an ATAR that significantly exceeds this estimate.

Being ranked first in a subject indicates that your internal performance is optimal relative to the rest of your cohort, although there may of course still be areas of improvement that you can address (an aspect that only you know best). The importance of being ranked first lies in the possibility of the moderation process working in your favour. If you are ranked first internally, and also achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort, your overall HSC mark for the subject will be made equal to your HSC exam mark, removing the limitation of receiving a lower mark based on another student's HSC exam mark should you have placed lower than first internally. As such, if you achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort, and assuming those marks are outstanding, you can maximise the contributions made by those subjects to your ATAR.

On the other hand, your performance in English Standard is of a lower standard, which implies that this subject is currently obstructing your ability to achieve a higher ATAR. Because of this, you may wish to consider focusing more on this subject as you continue preparing for your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)