Atar estimation please :) (1 Viewer)

x3Reii

HSC
Got my trial marks back, can't say I'm too happy. I put these marks into the matrix ATAR calculator and was in for quite a shock. It said my ATAR would be 74 - so you can imagine how I feel.

English Adv 90% (I'm very happy) - 7/72
Biology 75% (81% was the highest came like 3rd-ish) - 6/43
Chemistry 72% (80% was the highest, this test was so hard) - 7/32
Legal 76% (bit disappointed) - 10/20
Economics 61% (screwed up big time) - 14/22
Maths 64% (don't care, 12 units = maths gets dropped) - 32/52

School Rank: In the low 90s

So yeah, trials were pretty effed for me. I'm just HOPING that I can get 90+ ATAR. My cohort seems pretty strong this year.

Also, is it true that your ATAR is calculated solely upon your external mark. Because some teachers say its just externals whilst others say its 1/2 Assessment mark + 1/2 External mark.

Last edited:

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
nice work id say 90.75-92.25 economics, maffs and legal are pullin u down big time.

brettymaccc

HSC
Got my trial marks back, can't say I'm too happy. I put these marks into the matrix ATAR calculator and was in for quite a shock. It said my ATAR would be 74 - so you can imagine how I feel

English Adv 90% (I'm very happy) - 7/72
Biology 75% (81% was the highest came like 4th-ish) - 6/43
Chemistry 72% (80% was the highest, this test was so hard) - 7/32
Legal 76% (bit disappointed) - 10/20
Economics 61% (screwed up big time) - 14/22
Maths 64% (screwed this up too) - 32/52

School Rank: In the low 90s

So yeah, trials were pretty effed for me. I'm just HOPING that I can get 90+ ATAR. My cohort seems pretty strong this year.

Also, is it true that your ATAR is calculated solely upon your external mark. Because some teachers say its just externals whilst others say its 1/2 Assessment mark + 1/2 External mark.
Quite frankly, you have a poor understanding of how your ATAR is calculated, but in short, it is half your assessment mark and half of your exam mark, both of which are calculated in a complicated way.

Quick question, are those ranks you've given your overall rankings for each subject, or rankings for just that examination?

x3Reii

HSC
Quite frankly, you have a poor understanding of how your ATAR is calculated, but in short, it is half your assessment mark and half of your exam mark, both of which are calculated in a complicated way.

Quick question, are those ranks you've given your overall rankings for each subject, or rankings for just that examination?
Overall/cumulative ranks. Yeah I know, sad but lets face reality. And my understanding of ATAR is based on my teachers and they've been telling me a lot different, contradictory things so I just wanted to verify.

elasticity

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol absolutezero deleted my posts.

you can never remopve me you cunt!.

@OP, why are you failing maths for mmm. I thought if ABSOLUTELY no one even asked about the free tutoring then you would all be acing maths with no problems, then I come to this site in the past 2-3wks and everyone is worried about trials and the most common subject of worry has been maths)

brettymaccc

HSC
Overall/cumulative ranks. Yeah I know, sad but lets face reality. And my understanding of ATAR is based on my teachers and they've been telling me a lot different, contradictory things so I just wanted to verify.
It's cool, I'm still not 100% sure on how it completely works.

Do really well in your externals and I'm confident you can get 93+, but if you get similar marks to your trials (especially with legal, eco and maths) you're looking at ~90.

elasticity

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's cool, I'm still not 100% sure on how it completely works.

Do really well in your externals and I'm confident you can get 93+, but if you get similar marks to your trials (especially with legal, eco and maths) you're looking at ~90.
lol optimism at it's best.

Do well at externals and you MIGHT get 85.

x3Reii

HSC
lol absolutezero deleted my posts.

you can never remopve me you cunt!.

@OP, why are you failing maths for mmm. I thought if ABSOLUTELY no one even asked about the free tutoring then you would all be acing maths with no problems, then I come to this site in the past 2-3wks and everyone is worried about trials and the most common subject of worry has been maths)
Gee, you're a ball of sunshine. Anyways, I really don't care about maths. I have 12 units, it gets dropped. Btw, you do know that tutor only works if you put in the work. Tutor - especially for maths is just adding another load of work onto your homework. More work = more practice = better marks. However, if you don't do the work, then theres really no point in tutoring.

Thanks guys for the estimates. I feel kind of reassured. I've set up a weekly study timetable and I'll be sure to stick to it this time. :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Gee, you're a ball of sunshine. Anyways, I really don't care about maths. I have 12 units, it gets dropped. Btw, you do know that tutor only works if you put in the work. Tutor - especially for maths is just adding another load of work onto your homework. More work = more practice = better marks. However, if you don't do the work, then theres really no point in tutoring.

Thanks guys for the estimates. I feel kind of reassured. I've set up a weekly study timetable and I'll be sure to stick to it this time. :)
Make sure you do. Self control is vital.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)