• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Estimation (1 Viewer)

cool_dryplace

HSC
I don't theoretically need over an 80 for any of the courses I want to do, but having a 90+ would be reeallly satisfying. I was estimated at 93.5 earlier this year but my trials flopped a little.
Internal Ranks and 2023 B6 results
Eng Adv: 14/89 (5 B6)
Maths Adv: 2/59 (7 B6) (2024 trial was more difficult than a typical HSC paper according to teachers)
Music 2: 2/7 (2 B6)
Music ext: 5/9 (5 E4)
Japanese cont: 4/6 (0 B6, but my class is generally very strong this year)
Multimedia: 3/15 (1 B6)
2023 School Rank: 82

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR of up to 89.5-90. This essentially means that your minimum ATAR goal is well within reach and that you have a good chance of achieving your desired ATAR.

Mathematics Advanced is your best-performing subject and is likely to make a very positive contribution to your ATAR (the most significant out of your subjects). Because of this, it is important to thoroughly prepare for this subject's HSC exam, allowing you to maintain this favourable level of performance. Much of the same can be suggested regarding your position in Music 2 and Music Extension. This means that both subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, although slightly lower than Mathematics Advanced.

This leaves us with English Advanced, Japanese Continuers and Industrial Technology. Compared to the rest of your subjects, these appear to be your lowest-performing subjects, although your performance itself is not unfavourable. This means that all of these subjects can make a positive contribution to your ATAR, although there is room for improvement in each of them. Music Extension may count as one unit, making either Japanese Continuers or Industrial Technology count as one unit (English Advanced must count as two units). You mentioned that you are part of a more academically capable cohort for Japanese Continuers, and assuming you manage to perform at a higher standard in this subject's HSC exam, Industrial Technology may be the subject that ends up counting as one unit. Regardless, it is important to focus more on these subjects in preparation for your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)