ATAR of 92 (1 Viewer)

hollaholla

HSC
HOw many people in this land of nsw will attain an ATAR of 92? i do not expect an exact figure...an approximate would do JUST fine. Thank you in advance

K

khorne

I'd say about...8% will get an ATAR of that, or over =]

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Due to the way the whole 'year 7 cohort' thing works, I think it'll end up being something more like 10-12% of students who get > 92.00. Although I haven't looked at the UAC statistics to check that.

HSC
i don't get the year 7 student cohort thing, why are kids that have dropped out counted in the rankings

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
They're included in the rankings because every year the number of students that drop out change, so they need to do it to ensure that ATARs remain comparable across years. Also the drop out rates are different in every state, so it has to be done to compare interstate ranks fairly. The reason they choose year 7 is that it's compulsory in all states and very, very few people leave school before year 9.

It doesn't affect anything really as the ATAR is a rank, and you'll still maintain your rank relative to other year 12s no matter what system they use for comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)