ATAR of 98.1 what WAM do I need to be competitve for internal transfer into USyd Law? (1 Viewer)

caufields

HSC
I'd do an arts degree and try and transfer from there, but how likely is it with my relatively low atar? would i need an extraordinarily high WAM? :uhoh:

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Re: ATAR of 98.1 what WAM do I need to be competitve for internal transfer into USyd

It is hard to say since USYD recently changed the intake structure of their LLB. The ATAR cut-off has been lowered by the faculty to 99.5 with the school size still the same - so it is going to be more difficult to transfer.
With your ATAR, you would need around 80+ WAM to be competitive.

jaydizzlegear

HSC
Re: ATAR of 98.1 what WAM do I need to be competitve for internal transfer into USyd

Why doesn't anyone know that if your gpa is better than your atar then they will only take gpa into account at usyd?

Essentially your atar can be irrelevant if you do really well at uni, and your atar is really high for a transfer, so if you get a gpa right on 6 you could still have a reasonable chance of getting in.

hypermax

HSC
N/A

I Know somone who got around 70s for their atar and ended up doing an arts degree in Notre dame uni, after a year she transferred to usyd law. I guess you need to get a pretty high wam if your atar is not that great but considering you did well in your hsc I guess you can get away for having a slightly less high wam

caufields

HSC

Thanks for the responses! It's reassuring to know my ATAR won't put me at a disadvantage, previously I'd heard of people with 99.3 etc that didn't get in

I was wondering if the process was slightly different/harder for external transfers? E.g if I did a law degree at UTS and tried to transfer after my first year

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A

Thanks for the responses! It's reassuring to know my ATAR won't put me at a disadvantage, previously I'd heard of people with 99.3 etc that didn't get in

I was wondering if the process was slightly different/harder for external transfers? E.g if I did a law degree at UTS and tried to transfer after my first year
Usyd doesn't distinguish between internal or external transfers. You wouldn't be disadvantaged and i personally k ow plenty that transferred from uts law last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)