Atar possibility (1 Viewer)

@idontknow

HSC
I was wondering if I can still get an 90 atar even after I messed up the first time of the hsc which I am very depressed and unhappy about but have to deal with it since it’s all due to my laziness

These are my subjects and marks for term could I still get a 90 atar and what’s the highest I atar I can achieve

Maths advanced:80%

Extension maths:44%

Standard English :0%

Business studies :100%

Biology :27%

Software design and development :51%

HSC
If you don't mind, what are your ranks and do you have large-sized cohorts for each subject? Also, are you going to just give up or are you willing to work hard and persevere?

@idontknow

HSC
If you don't mind, what are your ranks and do you have large-sized cohorts for each subject? Also, are you going to just give up or are you willing to work hard and persevere?
Ranking
Maths advanced: like top 15 I think
Extension maths: top ten
English: most likely almost last because of the zero
Business studies: top 5
Biology:top 15
Sdd:top 10
I am willing to work very hard and persevered too mostly for my class the cohort size is pretty small.

HSC
How good are the people above you? Ideally, you'd want to pull yourself up to top 5. It really depends on the strength of your class. For instance, if you're last in a class of 15 people who are really great at math, then you'll do great. My music 2 class was like 10 people large and we all did well because we were high performing.

Assumption time: Let's assume that by the end of internal assessments you pull yourself up to top 10 in every single subject (still possible). If you then work hard for the HSC (which comprises 50%), you still have a great shot at 90+. I'm not gonna lie to you at all though, you'll have to work.

@idontknow

HSC
How good are the people above you? Ideally, you'd want to pull yourself up to top 5. It really depends on the strength of your class. For instance, if you're last in a class of 15 people who are really great at math, then you'll do great. My music 2 class was like 10 people large and we all did well because we were high performing.

Assumption time: Let's assume that by the end of internal assessments you pull yourself up to top 10 in every single subject (still possible). If you then work hard for the HSC (which comprises 50%), you still have a great shot at 90+. I'm not gonna lie to you at all though, you'll have to work.
Imma be honest to you I am pretty smart and last year manage to get alright marks even tho I was dead ass lazy and the people above me are on my level pretty good at the subject but just they work very hard

HSC
Ok. Well, I'm sure you can get 90+ easily then if you stop being lazy. At the end of the day, a stranger on the internet can't predict your future. You know your abilities best. All the best.

HSC
Hey guys I am also concerned about my atar possiblity. I also seriously messed up a lot of my first year 12 exams and assessments. My marks and ranks for each course are:

Maths Advanced : 11% (19/20)
English Advanced : 75% (8/10)
Maths Extension 1: 30% (8/8)
Biology: 54% (4/8)
Physics: 82% (5/11)
Ancient History: 80% (4/10)

My original goal was to aim for a 90+ atar and a band 6 for all (if not most) of my subjects. Is there any way I can recover?

HSC
Hey guys I am also concerned about my atar possiblity. I also seriously messed up a lot of my first year 12 exams and assessments. My marks and ranks for each course are:

My original goal was to aim for a 90+ atar and a band 6 for all (if not most) of my subjects. Is there any way I can recover?
As I said above, resorting to the internet for the opinion of strangers will have zero effect on your performance. At most people can offer you encouragement and say "don't give up" or "persevere". I have no idea what school you go to, how smart the guys and gals above you are, and how hard/smart you work. All I can say is that it's not impossible to turn things around and get 90+ if you DO IT NOW and not right before the HSC when it's far too late. Good luck.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

Looking at your performance and ranks across your subjects, it can be deduced that improvement is most needed in Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1. You should closely examine the errors that you have made in your first assessment task for Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 and work on enhancing your understanding of the areas where your performance was not up to standard. You should ask your teacher about any aspects of the content that you feel you are not sufficiently familiar with in addition to completing relevant practice questions and past exam papers, allowing you to apply your knowledge to different exam-style questions.

Regarding English Advanced, you should ensure that you are familiar with your prescribed texts, including ideas/themes/issues raised, how these are linked to the respective module, in addition to the effect of specific quotes and techniques. If you feel you are facing a problem with your writing capabilities, you should seek feedback on your writing from your teacher and subsequently implement any suggestions that they may providing, which will enable you to improve your writing capabilities, hopefully leading to superior performance.

Similarly, you should seek assistance with any concepts that you feel you don't fully understand for Physics and Biology as understanding of the content is crucial if you wish to perform well. Completing additional practice questions and past exam papers can also assist you in supplementing your preparations for both subjects, resulting in favourable performance.

Your performance in Ancient History is the best compared to the rest of your subjects, meaning that as you progress through year 12, you should work on maintaining and, if possible, improving your position in this subject, which will hopefully set you on track in terms of achieving a band 6 in this subject.

Several students who may not perform as well as they would have liked in their first task are able to compensate through favourable performance in upcoming tasks, ultimately enabling them to achieve a band 6/E4 in their respective subjects. The significance of your performance across your subjects depends on the weighting of each task, with a higher weight meaning a more significant task in terms of your internal performance, and a lower weight meaning a less significant task in terms of your internal performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)