• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR prediction please! (1 Viewer)

willy_g0706

HSC
Wondering what ATAR I'm going to get. Go to a top 40 school. Also did accelerated mathematics. Achieved a 92/100 in advanced and 41/50 in ext1. I would also like to mention that I believe our chem trial was marked unbelievably harshly and would be surprised if I didn't get a band 6 or at least close. Not sure abt physics as our cohort is smaller then usual.
subjecttrial exam marktrial exam rankcumulative assessment course rankb6's my school got 2023b6's my school got 2022
English advanced78%41/15950/1592233
Economics86%4/314/3137
Physics79%10/4310/431315
Chemistry74%8/756/7598

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your current performance is consistent with an ATAR of approximately 94-95. Your HSC mark in Mathematics Advanced means that this subject will make a positive contribution to your ATAR and, while your performance in Mathematics Extension 1 is also favourable, I think that this subject will not end up counting towards your ATAR, because your performance in your current subjects is of a higher standard, and also because English Advanced must count as two units towards your ATAR (see below).

In terms of your current subjects, your position in Economics, Physics and Chemistry is favourable, meaning that all three subjects are likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, similar to that of Mathematics Advanced. You should therefore ensure that you maintain this level of performance by thoroughly preparing for the HSC exam of these subjects.

English Advanced is your lowest-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make the lowest contribution to your ATAR at this stage compared to the rest of your subjects. At the same time, Mathematics Extension 1 cannot reduce the contribution of English Advanced to 1 unit because 2 units of English must count towards your ATAR. Your position in this subject therefore indicates that there is room for improvement. Hopefully, you will have focused on addressing those as much as possible in preparation for this subject's HSC exam. Improvement to your overall performance through favourable HSC exam performance would help you reach an ATAR that exceeds this estimate.

I hope this helps! :D

igor9

HSC
honestly ur prob on track to get 8 units b6 in good subjects so by that i would give u like a 96+ bruh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)