• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Atar Prediction (2 Viewers)

FAIL_URE:-(

HSC
@jimmysmith560 School Rank: around 200-205 (ik its not too good)

MATH EXT 2 |Rank 3/5|, |AVERAGE: 73%|, |B6 Last Year: 1/4| (this year's cohort is way better, 4/5 b6 expected)
MATH EXT 1 |Rank 6/14|, |AVERAGE: 76.9%|, |B6 Last Year: 3/11| (this year's cohort is not exponentially better, but still decent in comparison to last year)
ENG ADV |1/46|, |AVERAGE: 99%|, |B6 Last Year: 20/39| (this year's cohort is exponentially stronger)
CHEM |7/18|, |AVERAGE: 64%, |B6 Last Year: 1/14| (bombed trials, R1 average is 77%, they marked exceptionally harshly and hard internals too)
ECO |1/8|, |AVERAGE: 93%|, |B6 Last Year: 0/7| (again this year's cohort is way better, expecting 3 b6 and 1 mid to high b5)

please tell me 95 atar and above is still possible, I should be able to solid b6 all my externals (92-96) Note: chem excluded, but i'll try my best

Last edited:

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
School Rank: around 200-205 (ik its not too good)

MATH EXT 2 |Rank 3/5|, |AVERAGE: 78%|, |B6 Last Year: 1/4| (this year's cohort is way better, 4/5 b6 expected)
MATH EXT 1 |Rank 6/14|, |AVERAGE: 80%|, |B6 Last Year: 3/11| (this year's cohort is not exponentially better, but still decent in comparison to last year)
ENG ADV |1/46|, |AVERAGE: 99%|, |B6 Last Year: 20/39| (this year's cohort is exponentially stronger)
CHEM |7/18|, |AVERAGE: 64%, |B6 Last Year: 1/14| (bombed trials, R1 average is 77%, they marked exceptionally harshly and hard internals too)
ECO |1/8|, |AVERAGE: 93%|, |B6 Last Year: 0/7| (again this year's cohort is way better, expecting 3 b6 and 1 mid to high b5)

please tell me 95 atar and above is still possible, I should be able to solid b6 all my externals (92-96) Note: chem excluded, but i'll try my best
If u get 92-96 hsc marks that's 99+ territory

FAIL_URE:-(

HSC
@HazzRat it shows 99.20, but I believe it's a stretch considering my ranks. My math rank still should be fine still as a lot of my cohort is starting to try now and they are all decent. But for chem, I have no one behind me that can do well.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
@HazzRat it shows 99.20, but I believe it's a stretch considering my ranks. My math rank still should be fine still as a lot of my cohort is starting to try now and they are all decent. But for chem, I have no one behind me that can do well.
nevertheless 95 is still definitely possible

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR between 95.5 and 97.5. From your post, this is good news because it means that you are on track towards achieving and potentially exceeding your ATAR goal, and potentially the upper end of this estimate, given that you are ranked first in two of your subjects, an aspect I will elaborate on below).

Your position in English Advanced reflects highly favourable performance. As such, this subject is likely to make an outstanding contribution to your ATAR. The fact that you are ranked first is also beneficial, especially if you also score the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort for this subject, allowing you to maximise your overall HSC mark and consequently this subject's contribution towards your ATAR. It is therefore important that you continue to prepare for your English Advanced HSC exam according to your evidently effective study strategy.

Your performance in Mathematics Extension 2 and Economics is also of a high standard, meaning that both subjects will likely make a positive contribution to your ATAR. However, the potential for a high HSC mark in Economics is greater than that of Mathematics Extension 2 because you are ranked first in Economics. Similar to English Advanced, if you achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort for Economics, your overall HSC mark can end up higher than it would should you be ranked lower than first.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, about your performance in Mathematics Extension 1. This indicates that there is a bit more room for improvement in this subject compared to your better-performing subjects, so you may wish to consider focusing a bit more on this subject as you prepare for your HSC exams. This is even more applicable to Chemistry, which appears to be your lowest-performing subject, that is, where there is the most room for improvement.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)