ATAR Question (1 Viewer)

Fadee

HSC
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum, i just wanted to ask what my possible ATAR will be with these subjects:

Mathematics 2 Unit
English Standard
Economics
Business Studies
Information Technology VET
Studies of Religion I

I am a pretty good student, i think so anyway :p

I range about 80-90, but my problem is persistance, im a little lazy but when i get started i do good :)

Seeing as this is my first post, i'd like to mention some things about me:

I am aiming to be a psychologist, and so i need to know if it is possible to get :

UWS - B Psychology - i think its an 81.something to get in
Maquarie - B Psychology - 93.65 i think
UNSW - B Psychology - 96.05
USYD - B Psychology - 97.05

If it is possible to get the highest one there (97.05) what marks do i need to get?

Last edited:

kateemily

HSC
it doesnt matter what combination of subjects you have, what matters is your mark and rank. if you come last in the state with say a mark of 20 in all your subjects, just because you have good scaling subjects, doesnt mean you'll end up with a good uai.

try and get band 6's in everything, that will guaruntee you an atar most likely 95+ atleast. but you'd prob be able to get away with band 5s and some band 6s for some of the lower scored courses. but 85+ in everything will guaruntee you low 90s, and with ur subjects, most likely higher than that

goodluck

Fadee

HSC
it doesnt matter what combination of subjects you have, what matters is your mark and rank. if you come last in the state with say a mark of 20 in all your subjects, just because you have good scaling subjects, doesnt mean you'll end up with a good uai.

try and get band 6's in everything, that will guaruntee you an atar most likely 95+ atleast. but you'd prob be able to get away with band 5s and some band 6s for some of the lower scored courses. but 85+ in everything will guaruntee you low 90s, and with ur subjects, most likely higher than that

goodluck
If its not too personal, can i ask what marks you got to achieve your ATAR?

Im trying my best for Band 6's in everything that is possible (except for Standard English) .

dp624

HSC
I think a band 6 in each of your subjects and a high band 5 in english should get you what you want

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'd say, since you are a "good" student, to your eyes, you'll probably get around 83-84 with those subjects. You'll need to get very, very high marks on those Band 6's for mostly all to get 97.

Fadee

HSC
I'd say, since you are a "good" student, to your eyes, you'll probably get around 83-84 with those subjects. You'll need to get very, very high marks on those Band 6's for mostly all to get 97.
How did you figure out that i will get a 83-84?

kateemily

HSC
my marks were

bio 82. pdh 85. adv eng 85. gen maths 90. textiles 98

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)