Atar required for an arts degree (1 Viewer)

Andi0390

HSC
The 2009 cut off ATAR is 84.4. Look here.

I believe the UAI is 83. This could change for 2010 but generally not significantly.

UWS does not have a great reputation, this could be for many reasons, such as available units and courses, university ranking, research funding etc. I'm sure there are some courses that it is good at, and others that its not.

I skimmed over UWS Arts when I was looking at universities and I really didn't like. It did not offer the study options or the units I am interested in. If that is what you are planning on doing I would reccommend going somewhere else. It doesn't seem very good for an Arts degree.

I imagine if there were two applicants and they behaved exactly the same in the interview, and had exactly the same majors and the exact experience then I predict the UTS guy would get the job. There is more to employment that the degree. Things like your interview skills, your unique out look, your experience and possibly marks, all these things are going to be taken into consideration. I would imagine after five years working in the business that your work experience would be more of a dealbreaker than your university degree. Go to the best university you can for you - that's not just rankings, but somewhere you can access, you can afford to live without working ridiculous hours, somewhere you will be happy and somewhere that has the course you want, look at everything and make the best choice you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)