ATAR results and distribution of marks (1 Viewer)

Dedication_

HSC
Hey intellectuals, wondering if you can see your raw marks in seperate subjects for the HSC exam itself. And does it display the raw mark plus the scaled mark (whether it be scaled lower or higher)? Cheers!:cool2:

HSC
You can purchase your raw marks for each exam. It shows the raw mark and the aligned mark.

Dedication_

HSC
Oh wow, how cunning. Sneaky incentive by the board of studies to make students pay for raw marks/weighted marks. Thanks though people!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it's pretty dodgy to charge people for their marks. Honestly...I'd go as far as saying that it's unethical.

tomp1612

HSC
Yeah, it's pretty dodgy to charge people for their marks. Honestly...I'd go as far as saying that it's unethical.
yea thats so true, If I do the test, I want them back with my raw and scaled marks. It is unethical

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wow, how cunning. Sneaky incentive by the board of studies to make students pay for raw marks/weighted marks. Thanks though people!
In the context of the years long battle by those on this site to even have any access to the raw marks, it's no surprise they chose to put in economic barriers to obtaining them.

For the history see:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/how-hsc-students-won-the-right-to-know-20090927-g7qx.html
http://boredofstudies.org/ombudsman.pdf

Bobbo1

HSC
+1, they should definitely be giving out raw marks/weighted marks. In terms of actual exam papers that would be a significant cost in sorting and out posting them out..

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
+1, they should definitely be giving out raw marks/weighted marks. In terms of actual exam papers that would be a significant cost in sorting and out posting them out..
Considering that they'd have to know what the raw marks were to align them anyway, it should cost nothing except the cost of actually implementing/changing the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)