Atar (1 Viewer)

duxxx

HSC
Hey so I do 4u english, 4 u maths, Chemistry and studies of religion. I do studies of religion because there is some rule that you can't just do 3 subjects. However when they calculate my Atar will they have to use religion even if it is my worst subject?

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Hey so I do 4u english, 4 u maths, Chemistry and studies of religion. I do studies of religion because there is some rule that you can't just do 3 subjects. However when they calculate my Atar will they have to use religion even if it is my worst subject?
They count the ten best units. (Always includes Standard English/Advanced English.) Therefore if your worst performance was Studies of Religion, then it would not be counted.

duxxx

HSC
Even if those ten units are made up of only 3 subjects?

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
To be eligible for an ATAR in 2015, you must satisfactorily complete at least 10 units of ATAR courses. These ATAR courses must include at least:

• eight units from Category A courses
  • two units of English
  • three Board Developed courses of two units or greater
  • four subjects.

The fourth point can easily be overlooked or misunderstood. A subject is an area of study (eg mathematics). Within that subject there may be a number of courses (eg Mathematics General 2, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2). If a student studies, for example, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, English Advanced, English Extension 2 and Biology they will not meet the four subjects requirement because they have only studied three subjects: mathematics, English and biology.
gl

Attachments

Last edited:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
At least four subjects must count to your ATAR, so Studies of Religion must have at least one unit of it count.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Doesn't sound correct to me
Oh yeah, I think you're right. It just says you need to satisfactorily complete 10 units of ATAR courses, which must include 4 subjects. So you can just screw up the SOR and it doesn't need to count, provided that you meet the criteria for "satisfactorily complete".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)