ATAR (1 Viewer)

CALI22

HSC
Hi, I am currently in Year 12 and am concerned about scaling for my subjects 😢, for context my rankings are
Standard English- 2/98
Standard Math- 14/77
Business Studies- 9/38
PDHPE- 8/49
Biology- 6/39
I have not prepared for trials in 4 weeks' time, so I am worried about my rankings dropping if I don't study effectively, my goal atar is about 80, is this achievable?
ps. My school ranks really bad

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Despite your school rank, your ranks in your subjects do not seem unfavourable. You are ranked towards the higher end of your cohort in all of your subjects, which is a good indicator in terms of your chances of achieving your ATAR goal. In particular, your position in English Standard and Biology appears to be the best and would suggest that you are on track in terms of achieving your ATAR. The same could be suggested regarding Business Studies and PDHPE, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. Based on this, you should do your best to try to maintain your position in each of these subjects. Of course, any improvements that you make will only place you in a better position as you approach your HSC exams.

Mathematics Standard appears to be your lowest-performing subject. It would therefore be a good idea to allocate more time towards your preparations for this subject (which should involve plenty of practice and addressing areas of improvement), allowing you to perform at a higher standard and consequently increasing your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

Four weeks should be more than enough time for you to effectively prepare for your trial exams. Your ATAR goal is definitely achievable, as long as you do your utmost in preparation for not just your trial exams, but also your HSC exams which, given their 50% contribution, are a great opportunity for you to perform well and hopefully reach your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)