Atheism! (1 Viewer)

Daipire

HSC
I'm a true athiest, it's not that i don't like religion, it's that i don't like the religious.

Christians with their passive manipulative ways to convert you, even if they don't acknowledge it, the prayers and saying grace are basically the christians trying to force their religion on us. I hate christians, I really do.

I've been going to a christian school since year 4, and i loathe god because of it.

gorgeoussmile

HSC
I think that's true with many religions. I'm not a Christian, but I am a theist. I consider my religion/its teachings to be perfect (that's me, not everyone, of course) but I see the same things that you have seen (with the people who claim to follow my religion) within the religion you used to belong to (I'm just assuming you did from what you've said).

What I'm trying to say is, humans are flawed and I don't think you can judge a religion by the people who follow it.

I'm not trying to convert you or convince you that God exists, but just giving you a different perspective. Of course, I realise you may have other reasons why you're an atheist that you haven't put down, but that's your business. :D
I respect those of any faith or of no faith. Im orthodox, I strongly believe in God and everything that my church teaches. However, I did stop going to church for two years due to the bloody arabs at my church that are hypocrites and just bitch about everyone. As a Christian, in those two years i found that i was feeling so empty, i started going to church again this year and im loving it and i've just learnt to overlook and ingore the older arabs that are everything that our church teaches us NOT to be. Whatever it is you believe in, don't let humanity detter you from it.

gorgeoussmile

HSC
the sad fact is many people who claim to be christians are complete hypocrites, the thing is this ruins the perception that of the christians who are not.
and there is more of the hypocritical christians then there are of the real ones... it's sad, but all we can do is try to be better christians..

sydchick

HSC
N/A
I'm atheist. No one thinks anything of it. I mean, what can they do? Disown me? I don't think so.

Hollowminds

HSC
Im atheist, allways have been. I take religion education at a catholic school so im somewhat exposed to a religious community. But it doesnt do too much for me and i dont want or need to join a faith. Or im just apathetic to the topic and dont know enough about it to label myself anything.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
To be religious you have to be blissfully ignorant.

Also, the concept of faith is built on human insecurity.

Bring on the haters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)