ATM withdrawal limits (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
Hi,

just wanted to ask you people how much do most ATM's let you withdraw per withdrawal? To explain, when you go to an ATM and punch in the numbers, whats the max you can take out in one go?
my dad said for cba, its about 200 bucks..which is not great. so if oyu guys could tell me whic hbank and your atm max limit, and the general, all bank atm's are if you know would be helpful.

thanks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think by default it's $800aud for the big banks but then you can change it when you set up the account. I remember on my first EFTPOS account, I had a $200 limit on ATM withdrawals/EFTPOS usage per day.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
man 200 limit is good
if you want more to spend, get like a credit card attached to your parent's account or something (or your own if you're over 18)

my friends got rolled a few times and they make em give em their keycard pin numbers and take out $800 -_-

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bob.J said:
man 200 limit is good
LOL back then I only had like.. 300 in my account! Didn't want it to all disappear overnight.

On a sidenote, St George has this nifty feature where for 25c (per sms), it'll sms you to let you know that a transaction has taken place. For me, I set it to SMS notify me whenever transaction > $20 debits my account such as ATM or EFTPOS.

Bob.J said:
my friends got rolled a few times and they make em give em their keycard pin numbers and take out $800 -_-
I always wondered about that... as in, if thugs would roll you and force out your pin number.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i had a friend who got rolled. they also took their drivers licence with it ....so if he gave them the wrong pin....they would know where he lived

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
What I do is keep a minimal amount on my streamline account and use my credit card for large purchases. Any excess funds in the streamline account are transferred over to a netbank account which cannot be accessed from an ATM.

Shmeestar

HSC
Im not sure what the limit is on mine, but right now im saving so i have an account that isnt attatched to my card, and i dont have a lot of money on my card account, so if i ever got "rolled" im afraid they wouldnt make much from me

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
now i can scope nab atms for the best roll targets

HSC
i EFTPOS'd $3000 from my westpac account once when paying HECS

but i think theres an atm limit - but i havent got enough money to find out :p

Justin

HSC
s-AINT said:
What do you mean by "roll"?
Rob.
almost done now said:
i EFTPOS'd $3000 from my westpac account once when paying HECS

but i think theres an atm limit - but i havent got enough money to find out :p
Why not just pay electronically (in the bank, at a post office, internet banking etc)?

Evilo

HSC
bankcard = 800
ccard - wayy to much - i could buy a car with it. Unfortunatly i cant lower it either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)