ATMs/Banks around UNSW (1 Viewer)

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
hi all,
just came back to bris. for the easter break, and mum was thinking of opening a new suncorp bank account....but the question is....is there a suncorp ATM in uni? or somewhere within walking distance??

i know there is an ANZ atm...but i can't remember if there is a suncop atm..., i think there is one nxt to CLB ..... but i'm not quite sure...can anyone tell me if i'm right/wrong? thanks!

shannonm

HSC
N/A
unicom cu is next to clb, commonwealth next to library reserves windows, anz lower campus near bookshop. theres a suncorp in the city but other than that i dont think theres one near kens/randwick

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
is there any particular reason why you want suncorp account?
I would recomend commbank because it is much more convenient and has the most ATMs on campus, plus around shopping centers aswell

uni students get zero fees aswell

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
There are not any Suncorp branches anywhere near uni, the only have about 7 branches in Sydney. Burwood, Chatswood, Hurstville, Penrith, Neutral Bay, City, Castle Hill.

Best bet is to open a CBA or ANZ account because they are both on-campus.

Last edited:

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
yeah, i have an ANZ account right now...but the reason for suncorp...

there is this account thing (not 100% sure on details, but this is what i gather from website)...called 'Everyday Options'

If you sign up for one of these...you can sign up for a 'high interest sub-account' (up to 3) for free.

each of these sub-accounts have interest of 5.55% even if you only have $1 in ur account. And as full time students, we don't have to have a deposit or anything to waive our monthly fee for the main account. (I think if you're not a student its $2000 in ur main account or $4.50 monthly fee).

and this is what i gather from the site.....in one of the particular plan type thingys...u get 9 free ATM withdrawels (suncorp or non-suncorp)..but not quite sure about it, so will be asking to make sure.

so yeah, bascially the high interest is the main thing....and if i can withdraw from non-suncorp atms without extra charge, then i don't see why not :p

shannonm

HSC
N/A
5.55% isnt really high interest
and if you do it with a bank with more branches in nsw (i not saying other 'banks' will have better interest rates thou) withdrawing from only their atm's wont be a problem since they are pretty much everywhere

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
shannonm said:
unicom cu is next to clb, commonwealth next to library reserves windows, anz lower campus near bookshop. theres a suncorp in the city but other than that i dont think theres one near kens/randwick
Note there is another Comm bank one on the side of the blockhouse.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
ahh thanks McLake i was unaware of that. i usually try stay away from that union infested shithole

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
shannonm said:
5.55% isnt really high interest
hi shannonm, just wondering...is the reason you say 5.55% interest isn't really high coz there is a bank that offers more :p

coz the only reason i'm looking at suncorp is so far, it has the highest interest for a bank account....if i remember correctly, a similar account at ANZ is something like 4.7%...

so if there is a bank offering more interst please tell!!! :D

shannonm

HSC
N/A
wasn't amp offering 6% for 12mnth and 5.75% for 3mnth?

if you dig/ask around you may be able to find a nice managed investment fund, me and my dad are currently doing abit of research and looking around

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Just get a comm bank account and put some money aside into an ING account? That way you can't take that money out using your card either, and its 5.45% interest!

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
shannonm said:
wasn't amp offering 6% for 12mnth and 5.75% for 3mnth?

if you dig/ask around you may be able to find a nice managed investment fund, me and my dad are currently doing abit of research and looking around
hmm, are you talking aobut term deposits?? coz what i'm looking at is a normal account, sort of like a savings acount where you can withdraw money whenever you want/need to. i'm not 100% sure, but from my quick look online, 5.55% is the highest for saving/everyday/transaction type accounts....or have i overlooked a particular bank?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
jasee said:
Just get a comm bank account and put some money aside into an ING account? That way you can't take that money out using your card either, and its 5.45% interest!
exactly what i do
i have a streamline account and a visa account at CBA
and then i have an ING direct account
i try to keep my CBA account as low as possible, never over $400, average $200 and put everything i have into ING...that way i can never overspend and if my card gets stolen or i get rolled i wouldn't really care as i will never loose a great deal of money

BTW current ING rate is 5.40%, increased from 5.25%

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
redslert said:
exactly what i do
i have a streamline account and a visa account at CBA
and then i have an ING direct account
i try to keep my CBA account as low as possible, never over $400, average $200 and put everything i have into ING...that way i can never overspend and if my card gets stolen or i get rolled i wouldn't really care as i will never loose a great deal of money

BTW current ING rate is 5.40%, increased from 5.25%
Sorry my bad! I was getting 0.05% ahead of myself. I knew it had been increased :). I have the same as you, except with St George. It's a good way to ensure you don't spend too much, while investing your money!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
jasee said:
redslert said:
exactly what i do
Me too!

saves.the.day

HSC
I've heard a few people here mention the CBA/ING bank combo..

I reccomend using St Geroge/ING bank combination.

With St George, you can get a "multi-access" card which is basically an ATM card disguised as a Visa card (sorry I cant describe it any other way!).

Basically, when you make purchases, or use any ATM from any bank, you can press the "credit" button and not get charged any fees.. ever with the money coming out of your account so it's not actually a credit card.

For myself, I use it to make online purchases (so if my credit card details are stolen, I only have a limited amount of money in my account, the rest in another).

Finally, I never have to worry about looking for XYZ bank as I can use any ATM unlimited times and hit the "credit" button to make withdrawls and never get charged fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)