• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

atom bomb/terrorism (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Well that's my opinion. Deal with it.
Bombing and what went on in those camps are totally different. Because of course, if Japan had the bomb they wouldn't have dropped it on the US... or Australia... no of course not.
Your opinion contradicts itself as you express a concern for the treatment of Australian POWs yet show no remorse for the similar suffering of a civilian population, even when on a much larger scale. Deal with that.

Now you're making up fantasy Japanese foreign policies, which looks stupid.

0Jade0

HSC
No, because I care about Australian and U.S soldiers more than I care about the Japanese, becuase they were fighting for US.

Oh, so you KNOW that Japan wouldn't have dropped the bomb? yeah right...

ohne

HSC
I think dropping the atomic bomb probably saved lives in the end. Otherwise it probably would have taken 5-10 years to liberate all of the countries the Japanese had taken and more people probably would have died if this took place.

Nuclear weapons were probably the only thing that stopped the USA and USSR going to war.

The US is probably the worlds largest supporter of terrorism both from government and from individuals. I doubt any country has supported anywhere near as many terrorists as the US.

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
No, because I care about Australian and U.S soldiers more than I care about the Japanese, becuase they were fighting for US.

Oh, so you KNOW that Japan wouldn't have dropped the bomb? yeah right...
Try to seperate yourself from national allegiences and observe what basic humanity tells you.

If you cannot do so, do you, in effect, honestly believe that a civilian population deserves to be at the mercy of it's government's foreign policy blunders?

No I don't know that, but I refuse to participate in a childish game which will only give you a silly justification for the dropping of the bomb. (Damn it can't help it. BECAUSE WE ARE BETTER THAN A MILITARIST AUTOCRACY).

0Jade0

HSC
I still believe it was the right thing to do. And no amount of your basic humanity or "but he was about to surrender" will change any of that.

leetom

HSC
ohne said:
I think dropping the atomic bomb probably saved lives in the end. Otherwise it probably would have taken 5-10 years to liberate all of the countries the Japanese had taken and more people probably would have died if this took place.
In terms of numbers of lives saved, perhaps, but I think the terrible suffering of the vast majority of the casualties of the atomic bomb and the effect it has and had on future generations nullifies this argument.

Also, all of the Japanese territories were abandoned at the time, expect for Korea and a small corner of Manchuria. The Japanese were even kind enough to bestow independance onto the island nations it left behind.

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
I still believe it was the right thing to do. And no amount of your basic humanity or "but he was about to surrender" will change any of that.
Forgive the presence of basic humanity, it's a defect I just havn't been able to eradicate from my person.

So in the end, after three pages of argument, all you can do is provide a weak, single sentence statement re-affirming your preference for the bomb, without ANY justification and the continued contradiction of your previous posts.

Do you just hate asians or something?

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
Oh yes, they were so kind.....
When it came to providing previous colonies of the empires with independance, yes, they were.

You don't think independance is kind?

0Jade0

HSC
Yes.... I'm a racist.......

The reason I didn't write an essay for you is because I'm on the phone and not caring that much about my posts.

0Jade0

HSC
leetom said:
When it came to providing previous colonies of the empires with independance, yes, they were.

You don't think independance is kind?
After all they did to those colonies? It was the least they could do.

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
Yes.... I'm a racist.......

The reason I didn't write an essay for you is because I'm on the phone and not caring that much about my posts.
I'm on the phone too, acutally. I even changed my avatar. If you are not prepared to back up your posts, then don't post. In fact, I suspect you are just making excuses for the total obliteration of your argument. Time for you to save some face, bitch.

0Jade0

HSC
Yes, I'm pretending I'm on the phone.... talking to my imaginary friend....
When I talk on the phone I am not concentrating on what I am typing and you are lucky that I am making any sense.
Also, I can post a million posts an not back it up. What are you going to do about it?

I have given my opinion. You obviously disagree with it, and your reasoning is that I hate all Asians. I am not racist and I am not about to change my opinion for a little computer nerd that's only joy in life is trying to convert people to what he believes is right. Frankly, I don't care what your opinion is. You could worship the Emperor for all I care.

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
Yes, I'm pretending I'm on the phone.... talking to my imaginary friend....
When I talk on the phone I am not concentrating on what I am typing and you are lucky that I am making any sense.
Also, I can post a million posts an not back it up. What are you going to do about it?

I have given my opinion. You obviously disagree with it, and your reasoning is that I hate all Asians. I am not racist and I am not about to change my opinion for a little computer nerd that's only joy in life is trying to convert people to what he believes is right. Frankly, I don't care what your opinion is. You could worship the Emperor for all I care.
I never said you hated asians or that you were a rascist. The satorical question 'do you just hate asians or something' was asked in light of you failing to provide any jusification for your opinion.

I never accused you of lying. I believe you are on the phone.

The only thing I can do is continue to highlight the crap quality of your posts and further diminish your e-cred. And call you names, like 'bitch'.

I never tried to convert you to my opinion, I just took the time to point out the innacuracies in yours.

0Jade0

HSC
I don't care how many 'innacuracies' you will point out. My opinion will not change.

Also, It's just the internet my "e-cred" means jack all to me... because my life doesn't revolve around the internet.... bitch.

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
I don't care how many 'innacuracies' you will point out. My opinion will not change.

Also, It's just the internet my "e-cred" means jack all to me... because my life doesn't revolve around the internet.... bitch.
Bu now you look stupid because you hold an opinion you couldn't justify.

0Jade0

HSC
My justification is that by dropping the atomic bomb saved lives, and resources. Without it would the war have ended in the same amount of time? I doubt it, not matter how much you say that the Emperor was about to surrender.

leetom

HSC
0Jade0 said:
My justification is that by dropping the atomic bomb saved lives, and resources. Without it would the war have ended in the same amount of time? I doubt it, not matter how much you say that the Emperor was about to surrender.
You have a very annoying form of argument. You have used the line 'no matter how many times you say...'. I find this annoying because it detracts from historical fact. Please stop.

His August Imperial Majesty the Son of Heaven Emperor Hirohito himself was on the verge of surrender, and the 250 000 people would not have had to suffer so terribly.

Also, the Americans dropped the bomb largely to make a point. That being "this is the sort of thing we can do to your cities''. It was possible for the Americans to make the point without the death toll, for example, warning the residents of Hiroshima to flee the city and watch the destruction of it from afar. The Americans didn't do this though and instead dropped and atomic bomb with no warning, no formal justification, and ruined 250 000 lives then, and in the years to come.

0Jade0

HSC
No matter how many times you say.......

Well guess what history boy, history can't be re-written. The bomb was dropped.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
Also, the Americans dropped the bomb largely to make a point. That being "this is the sort of thing we can do to your cities''. It was possible for the Americans to make the point without the death toll, for example, warning the residents of Hiroshima to flee the city and watch the destruction of it from afar. The Americans didn't do this though and instead dropped and atomic bomb with no warning, no formal justification, and ruined 250 000 lives then, and in the years to come.
An advanced warning would only serve to shoot down the plane.

What about those civilians tortured to death by the Japanese in POW camps, they were civilians because they did not choose to fight they were forced to.

An eye for an eye does not work, but do not make it seem so innocent on the part of the Japanese Emporer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)